On completion of this online course from Upskilled, you’ll walk away with two diploma level degrees – a Diploma of Information Technology Systems Administration (ICT50315) and Diploma of Information Technology Networking (ICT50415).
Systems administrators form the backbone of all ICT support and maintenance departments, from small-to-medium size enterprises to the largest global conglomerates. This course will hone your systems administration skills by providing in-depth training in areas such as core infrastructure, security and service delivery.
The Diploma of IT Networking course will see you specialising in arguably the most important field of IT today – networking. This course will provide you extensive exposure to all aspects of designing, deploying, maintaining and improving networked systems, focusing on best-practice, governance and continuity as key areas.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification; anyone can apply!
What You’ll Learn
In this IT course, the units of competency you will study include:
- ICTNWK526 – Install an enterprise virtual computing environment
- ICTNWK525 – Configure an enterprise virtual computing environment
- ICTNWK527 – Manage an enterprise virtual computing environment
- BSBWHS501 – Ensure a safe workplace
- ICTICT504 – Confirm transition strategy for a new system
- ICTNWK531 – Configure an internet gateway
- ICTICT508 – Evaluate vendor products and equipment
- ICTSAS518 – Install and upgrade operating systems
- ICTSUS501 – Implement server virtualisation for a sustainable ICT system
- ICTNWK505 – Design, build and test a network server
- ICTTEN514 – Install, configure and test a server
- ICTNWK509 – Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks
- ICTSAS502 – Establish and maintain client user liaison
- ICTNWK524 – Install and configure network access storage devices
- ICTWEB429 – Create a markup language document to specification
- ICTWEB504 – Build a document using eXtensible markup language
- ICTICT418 – Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTNWK513 – Manage system security
- ICTSAS505 – Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans
- ICTNWK501 – Plan, implement and test enterprise communication solutions
- BSBSUS501 – Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- ICTICT509 – Gather data to identify business requirements
- ICTICT511 – Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise
- ICTSAS512 – Review and manage delivery of maintenance services
- ICTSAS517 – Use network tools
- ICTICT502 – Develop detailed component specifications from project specifications
- ICTSAS503 – Perform systems tests
- ICTPMG501 – Manage ICT projects
- ICTSAS406 – Implement and hand over system component
- ICTSAS515 – Manage the testing process
- ICTTEN516 – Produce technical solutions from business specifications
Upskilled may make changes to this course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or meet other regulatory requirements.
Why study with Upskilled?
Upskilled is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers innovative, effective and accredited courses at a certificate and diploma level. As one of the largest RTOs in Australia, Upskilled partners with businesses and career-minded individuals to achieve amazing outcomes.
Upskilled understand the impacts of the digital age and are committed to delivering a premier online training experience that will revolutionise the way you learn. Choose from over 100 qualifications across more than 20 disciplines and start chasing your dream career today. With Upskilled, you're qualifying for tomorrow!
As a student of Upskilled, you will have access to continued support, advice and guidance from your online trainer via phone or email. Your trainer will give you valuable feedback on your assessments and help you with your course material. Additional support with your study is also available during out-of-work hours via phone or Skype.
Upskilled recognise that learning is an interaction. For that reason, they've put in place the right tools that deliver effective skills learning and are interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.