If you’re ready to become an outstanding leader in your church, the Diploma of Leadership and Management from St Mark’s National Theological Centre is the course you’ve been looking for.
The role of church leaders and ministers is becoming increasingly diverse and demanding. This course breaks leadership down into four key areas: effective communication, managing risk and safety, planning and resourcing, and leading and building teams. Throughout each module, you’ll develop a wide range of practical skills and further your personal development, allowing you to better cope with the demands of leadership and guide your community as effectively as possible.
This course is an ideal additional qualification for those who have completed formal ministry training and theological studies. Delivered entirely online, with optional classroom-based training four times per year offered in Canberra, this diploma is just what you need you take your church leadership career to a whole new level.
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have achieved a level of education equal to or above Australian Year 10 certificate; AND
- Have sufficient literacy skills to read and engage with complex material and other literature related to leadership and management; AND
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or hold a permanent humanitarian visa; AND
- Submit the following documents:
- Copy of Year 10 certificate (or any higher qualification)
- Brief resume
- Letter of support from minister or manager; AND
- Provide evidence they hold a current leadership role in their church or organisation; OR
- Provide a letter of support from a church minister or other manager indicating agreement for practical leadership assessment activities to be undertaken in their church or other organisation.
What You’ll Learn
In this leadership course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBLDR501 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBLDR502 - Lead and manage effective working relationships
- BSBLDR503 - Communicate with influence
- BSBWHS501 - Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBRSK501 - Manage risk
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- BSBMGT517 - Manage operational plan
- BSBMKG514 - Implement and monitor marketing activities
- BSBFIM601 - Manage finances
- BSBLED501 - Develop a workplace learning environment
- BSBWOR502 - Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBINN502 - Build and sustain an innovative work environment
Why study with St Mark's National Theological Centre?
Discover what theological learning is all about when you sign up to a course at St Mark’s National Theological Centre. Since 1957 St Mark’s has been a leader in theological learning, offering students from all different backgrounds a rich, vibrant and supportive educational environment. St Mark’s is a proud partner of Charles Sturt University (CSU) and offers nationally recognised and academically rigorous undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications in counselling, ministry and theology, pastoral studies plus more.
St Mark’s National Theological Centre pride themselves on offering a supportive and high-quality theological education experience, while keeping the students’ interest at the forefront at all times.
As a partner with CSU, students of St Mark’s will be able to access the same great range of support services, including counselling services for any support you may need along your study journey or in your personal life.