Have you got what it takes to be a leader in the workplace? This flexible online Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51918) from The National Finance Institute (NFI) makes it easy to build up your professional skillset and start moving up the professional ladder.
Ideal for those aspiring to management roles or looking to formalise their experience, skills and knowledge with a qualification, this diploma covers core skills to help you take on exciting business roles. With the flexibility to choose your own elective units, you can tailor your studies to strategically target the roles you want in the future.
You’ll develop general leadership and management skills that are highly portable, allowing you flexibility in your future career. Options for study include customer service, marketing activities, risk management, performance monitoring and employee relations.
There are no formal pre-requisites for this qualification however, the prior study pathways for candidates considering this qualification could include:
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management; OR
- Vocational experience but without a formal supervision or management qualification; AND
- Sufficient written and verbal English language skills, basic word processing skills; AND
- Experience in either a team leader, managerial or supervisory role.
What You’ll Learn
In this management course, subjects you may study include:
- BSBLDR502 - Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR511 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBMGT517 - Manage operational plan
- BSBWOR502 - Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBCUS501 - Manage quality customer service
- BSBFIM501 - Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBHRM405 - Support the recruitment, selection and induction staff
- BSBINN502 - Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBLDR513 - Communicate with influence
- BSBMGT502 - Manage people performance
- BSBMGT516 - Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMG522 - Undertake project work
- BSBRSK501 - Manage risk
- BSBWHS501 - Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBWOR501 - Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBADM502 - Manage meetings
- BSBCOM503 - Develop processes for the management of breaches in compliance
- BSBFRA502 - Manage a franchise operation
- BSBHRM512 - Develop and manage performance-management processes
- BSBHRM513 - Manage workforce planning
- BSBINM501 - Manage an information or knowledge management system
- BSBLED501 - Develop a workplace learning environment
- BSBMKG507 - Interpret market trends and developments
- BSBSLS501 - Develop a sales plan
- BSBSLS502 - Lead and manage a sales team
- BSBSUS501 - Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWRK510 - Manage employee relations
Why study with The National Finance Institute?
If you’ve got a good head for numbers and want to excel your career in finance then turn to one of Australia’s leading providers in bookkeeping, accounting, financial services, management and more… We’re talking about The National Finance Institute of course!
Their range of accredited and nationally recognised certificates and diplomas will give you the right training that your industry demands! Since 2005, the National Finance Institute has been equipping students with the skills, knowledge and confidence to propel their career – are you next?
You can’t buy experience and experience is exactly what the team at The National Finance Institute (NFI) offer! NFI has selected a team of trainers who have the knowledge and commitment to ensure each student thrives throughout their studies and is supported every step of the way. From planning out your career goals to preparing for assessments, you’ll get the right support that’ll put you on the path to success.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: