Start on your path to a fulfilling new career supporting your local community with the Certificate IV in Mental Health (CHC43315) from TrainSmart Australia.
Opt to study online or on-campus and build the essential skills to start a career in mental health. Throughout the course you’ll cover how to communicate and work with individuals experiencing mental health issues; promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing; respond to critical situations; intervention strategies and how to best support those at risk.
So if you want your work to make a difference and want to help improve the lives of those experiencing mental illness, then the Certificate IV in Mental Health (CHC43315) from TrainSmart Australia is for you. Enquire today!
As part of the Certificate IV in Mental Health (CHC43315), you will be required to complete at least 80 hours of supervised work placement. This will ensure that you graduate with a strong mix of practical work experience and academic foundation.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, however, TrainSmart Australia will assess a student’s ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This may include:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate; OR
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that can be verified; OR
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
What You’ll Learn
In this mental health course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCLEG001 -Work legally and ethically
- CHCMHS002 - Establish self-directed recovery relationships
- CHCMHS003 - Provide recovery-oriented mental health services
- CHCMHS004 - Work collaboratively with the care network and other services
- CHCMHS005 - Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCMHS007 - Work effectively in trauma-informed care
- CHCMHS008 - Promote and facilitate self-advocacy
- CHCMHS011 - Assess and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCCCS019 - Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCAOD001 - Work in an alcohol and other drugs context
- CHCCCS017 - Provide loss and grief support
- CHCDFV001 - Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence
Why study with TrainSmart Australia?
Train hard, train well, train smart with TrainSmart Australia! With a range of online, on-campus and blended learning courses in community services, beauty, IT, business and more, TrainSmart Australia has an outstanding reputation for getting countless students recognised in their field and closer to conquering their career goals.
Why study with TrainSmart Australia? Their team of trainers have been handpicked and offer a wealth of experience and industry knowledge, which they will pass down to you. TrainSmart also has strong industry ties and partners in various business sectors, which means more employment prospects for their graduates.
Go on, join thousands of happy students of have studied with TrainSmart Australia and enquire about their accredited courses today!
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)
Whether you’re studying 100% online or on campus, at TrainSmart Australia, you’re not just another number. They value each and every student’s learning journey and strive to ensure it’s a positive one.
Each student is assigned a dedicated trainer who will act as a mentor throughout your course, guiding and supporting you every step of the way.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- Western Australia: Perth