Want to make a real difference to the health and wellbeing of your community? Start with the with the Diploma of Mental Health (CHC53315) from BCA National Training Group. With this course, you can develop your skills in assessment and service delivery to people experiencing mental health issues.
The flexible and self-paced online course will guide you through strategies for providing mental health care services that focus on the individual and promote understanding and recovery. You’ll build foundational knowledge, including how to work collaboratively with the care network, establish self-directed recovery relationships, understand and address complex needs and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing in your clients.
This course equips you with all the skills and knowledge you need to get started in your career in mental health. You’ll also complete 160 hours of work placement, giving you first-hand experience in a mental health care setting while you study.
There are no prerequisites for this course - anyone can apply!
What You’ll Learn
In this mental health course, subjects you may study include:
- CHCADV005 Provide systems advocacy services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCMHS002 Establish self-directed recovery relationships
- CHCMHS003 Provide recovery-oriented mental health services
- CHCMHS004 Work collaboratively with the care network and other services
- CHCMHS005 Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCMHS009 Provide early intervention, health prevention and promotion programs
- CHCMHS010 Implement recovery oriented approaches to complexity
- CHCMHS011 Assess and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing
- CHCMHS012 Provide support to develop wellness plans and advanced directives
- CHCMHS013 Implement trauma informed care
- CHCPOL003 Research and apply evidence to practice
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- CHCAOD006 Provide interventions for people with alcohol and drug issues
- HLTHPS010 Interpret and use information about nutrition and diet
- CHCMHS006 Facilitate the recovery process with the person, family and carers
- CHCCSM004 Coordinate complex case requirements
- CHCAOD001 Work in an alcohol and other drugs context
Why study with BCA National Training Group?
Community services, education, leadership, business, marketing and more – BCA National Training Group offer recognised courses in it all! Get accredited by BCA and enjoy an award-winning education experience that’s led by trainers who 94% of students have stated as “excellent”.
Whether you’re new to tertiary education or looking to upskill, their range of quality courses have been designed to help you reach your career or educational goals, and will equip you with the confidence and skills to succeed!
So, why should you study with BCA National Training Group? BCA is all about getting you on the path to success and will support you every step of the way. All students have access to a professional learning support team which includes a dedicated Training Coordinator to help manage problems and overcome obstacles; as well as an expert Trainer & Assessor and a Training Officer available both during and outside of typical class hours.