Start an exciting new career using science to help people unlock optimum health and wellbeing by studying this Bachelor of Health Science (Nutritional Medicine) course.
A large and growing sector, the nutrition industry is seeking skilled professionals to help thousands of Australians feel their best and reach their health goals. By studying this course, you’ll gain the skills, knowledge and foundation clinical experience required to work in clinical practice, nutrition education or the commercial nutrition sector.
Based on traditions of food as medicine and dietary planning, the study of nutrition in this course is grounded in a strong scientific understanding. You’ll learn about human and therapeutic nutrition, and study food pharmacy, biochemistry, pysiology, pathophysiology, the food system and public health.
With options for practical placements and a broad knowledge focus, this course is ideal for students seeking to being careers in the nutrition industry, and will equip you with the knowledge, skills, confidence and experience required to work in this challenging and dynamic field in your career and make a real different in people’s lives.
Study a Bachelor of Health Science (Nutritional Medicine)
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Year 12 or equivalent with ATAR 60; AND
- Before completing clinical work, hold a current first aid certificate.
For international students, English language proficiency to equivalent IELTS 6.5 (academic) with no skills band less than 5.5 is also required.
What You’ll Learn
In this nutrition course, the subjects you may study include:
- Nutrition, society and public health
- Food science, systems and policy
- Nutritional foundations 1
- Nutritional foundations 2
- History and philosophy of contemporary and alternative medicine
- Research and evidence-based practice
- Anatomy and physiology 3
- Biochemistry 1
- Anatomy and physiology 2
- Counselling and communication skills
- Anatomy and physiology 1
- Clinical studies 3
- Health assessment and the diagnostic technique
- Nutritional therapeutics 1
- Clinical studies 2
- Lifespan nutrition
- Clinical studies 1
- Nutritional biochemistry
- Food as medicine
- Pathophysiology and clinical diagnosis 2
- Pathophysiology and clinical diagnosis 1
- Biochemistry 2
- General pathology
- Nutrition clinical practicum 1
- Nutrition clinical practicum 2
- Nutrition clinical practicum 3
- Advanced nutrition medicine
- Dietary analysis and planning
- Integrative complementary medicine 2
- Integrative complementary medicine 1
- Nutritional therapeutics 2
- Health promotion
- Professional practice
- Drug and integrated pharmacology
- Pathophysiology and clinical diagnosis 3
Why study with Australasian College of Natural Therapies?
One of the largest natural therapies colleges in the world, Australasian College of Natural Therapies (ACNT) is renowned for providing high-quality and accredited natural therapies courses!
With a strong focus on providing practical programs designed by industry leaders and trainers, ACNT offers highly regarded diplomas and degrees in naturopathy, herbal medicine, nutritional medicine, health science and more. Be confident entering the workforce after receiving quality training and valuable work experience at their Think Wellbeing Centre, where you’ll service real clients in a clinic that’s on par with commercial clinics.
The Australasian College of Natural Therapies have dedicated teams to help you get through your studies and ensure you have a truly enjoyable learning experience.
You will have access to the student portal and online student centre for news updates, course information and other resources. ACNT's online job finder service provides assistance in finding job opportunities, both local and international, by linking students with prospective employers. Plus access their academic support for practical study tips and advice, and a free and confidential counselling service via phone, Skype or face-to-face.