Love video games and want to get your foot in the door of the action-packed games industry? Look no further than Upskilled’s Certificate IV in Digital and Interactive Games (ICT40915) course!
Delivered online by Upskilled, the course is designed to provide you with a foundational understanding of how video games are conceptualised, designed and built for commercial release.
The course covers basics in game design, storyboard and scriptwriting, and also provides an introductory look at code automation and maintenance. To help you develop your technical skills, you will also be given access to a range of industry-leading video content from Pluralsight – an on-demand platform that brings together 5,000 IT short courses led by a global network of industry experts!
Upon completion of this course, you will walk away with the foundational knowledge needed to apply for entry-level roles in the dynamic games industry!
It is recommended that applicants have:
- Successfully completed the Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology (ICT30115), or a related course; OR
- Obtained vocational experience in digital media, games development, animation, graphic design or similar fields
What You’ll Learn
In this game design course, the units of competency you may study include:
- ICTGAM401 – Produce an interactive game
- ICTICT418 – Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTICT419 – Work effectively in the digital media industry
- BSBWHS304 – Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes
- ICTPRG301 – Apply introductory programming techniques
- ICTPRG405 – Automate processes
- ICTPRG406 – Apply introductory object-orientated language skills
- ICTICT406 – Build a graphical user interface
- ICTGAM402 – Identify and apply principles of games design and game playing
- ICTGAM404 – Apply artificial intelligence in game development
- ICTGAM403 – Create design documents for interactive games
- ICTGAM405 – Write story and content for digital games
- ICTGAM406 – Create visual design components for interactive games
- ICTGAM407 – Write scripts for interactive games
- CUAPPM407 – Create storyboards
- ICTPRG415 – Apply skills in object-orientated design
Upskilled may make changes to this course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or meet other regulatory requirements.
Why study with Upskilled?
Upskilled is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers innovative, effective and accredited courses at a certificate and diploma level. As one of the largest RTOs in Australia, Upskilled partners with businesses and career-minded individuals to achieve amazing outcomes.
Upskilled understand the impacts of the digital age and are committed to delivering a premier online training experience that will revolutionise the way you learn. Choose from over 100 qualifications across more than 20 disciplines and start chasing your dream career today. With Upskilled, you're qualifying for tomorrow!
As a student of Upskilled, you will have access to continued support, advice and guidance from your online trainer via phone or email. Your trainer will give you valuable feedback on your assessments and help you with your course material. Additional support with your study is also available during out-of-work hours via phone or Skype.
Upskilled recognise that learning is an interaction. For that reason, they've put in place the right tools that deliver effective skills learning and are interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.