If you’re ready to embark on an exciting career in real estate in Western Australia, the CPP50307 Diploma of Property Services (Agency Management) from Kaplan Professional is the ideal course for you.
This comprehensive course will provide you with the solid foundation of knowledge and skills you need to work in the real estate industry in WA. Covering both the sales and leasing side of the business, you’ll learn about property appraisals, marketing, sales, leasing and management; trust accounting; strategic business planning in real estate; and how to manage staff and finances within an agency environment.
The flexible nature of this course means you can study entirely online and at your own pace. You’ll just need to complete both parts of the course within 12 months – and then you’ll be fully qualified to work in WA’s property sector. So why not put your passion for property and people to good use and take the next step in your career journey today?
There are no entry requirements for this course, however, it is strongly recommended that applicants have a strong grasp of language, literacy, numeracy and computing skills.
To become a real estate agent or property manager in Australia, you must apply for a Certificate of Registration with your state/territory regulatory authority. Before you can apply for your Real Estate Certificate of Registration, you must ensure you meet all eligibility requirements stipulated by your state/territory regulatory authority.
What You’ll Learn
In this real estate course, the units of competency you will study include:
- CPPDSM4080A - Work in the real estate industry
- CPPDSM4007A - Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4008A - Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4003A - Appraise property
- CPPDSM4012A - List property for sale
- CPPDSM4014A - Market property for sale
- CPPDSM4022A - Sell and finalise sale of property by private treaty
- CPPDSM4079A - Work in the business broking sector
- CPPDSM4009B - Interpret legislation to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4005A - Establish and build agency client relationships
- CPPDSM4006A - Establish and manage agency trust accounts
- CPPDSM4030A - Appraise rural property
- CPPDSM4018A - Prepare and present property reports
- CPPDSM4017A - Negotiate effectively in property transactions
- CPPDSM4019A - Prepare for auction and complete sales
- CPPDSM4011A - List property for lease
- CPPDSM4013A - Market property for lease
- CPPDSM4010A - Lease property
- CPPDSM4016A - Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement
- CPPDSM4015B - Minimise agency and consumer risk
- CPPDSM5012A - Develop a strategic business plan in the real estate industry
- BSBSMB402 - Plan small business finances
- CPPDSM5032A - Market the agency
- BSBFIM501 - Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBHRM402A - Recruit select and induct staff
- BSBMGT502 - Manage people performance
Why study with Kaplan Professional?
Kaplan Professional is a leading provider of education in financial services and real estate. Kaplan Professional’s internationally renowned programs, personalised study experiences, flexible learning options and range of industry partners, all make them highly respected and distinguished.
Kaplan Professional offers a range of professional qualifications and provides learning solutions to 45,000 people a year. Whether you want to undertake a Certificate, Diploma or Masters, Kaplan Professional has the right course to get you where you want to go!
Kaplan Education Pty Ltd trading as Kaplan Professional (RTO 90116)
Kaplan Professional aim to make your learning journey as seamless as possible and have put together a student advice team to assist and help you out if any challenges come up.
Student advice representatives will be on hand to answer questions about the system, login and password queries, explaining processes around assessments etc., and to offer advice about study pathways and subject selection.
There are also discussion forums where you can direct questions regarding your studies to subject matter experts.