Develop management skills and gain first-hand professional experience with this comprehensive Master of Environmental Science course from Edith Cowan University.
Cultivate your professional capabilities and an in-depth knowledge base that will help you grow your career. This course has a focus on essential skills, including project management, sustainability, occupational health and safety issues, monitoring and reporting.
You’ll also get the opportunity to complete a work experience placement with a relevant organisation, making use of the theories and ideas covered in your coursework in real-world situations.
A great springboard for employment, you’ll exit the course with a clear understanding of core concepts and methodology in environmental science and insight into the realities of your potential new workplace.
You may be eligible to apply for a postgraduate course at ECU if you meet the following:
- Hold a Bachelor Degree from a recognised Australian Institution (or equivalent); OR
- Where accepted, have completed a relevant Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate; OR
- Where accepted, have completed 5 or more years of relevant work experience; AND
- Meet ECU’s English Competency requirements
What You’ll Learn
In this science course, subjects you may study include:
- Environmental and Health Risk Assessment
- Sustainability Assessment and Reporting
- Environmental Management Systems and Auditing
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Research Preparation: Principles and Approaches
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Environmental Monitoring and Investigation
- Environmental Management Project
Why study with Edith Cowan University?
Since opening in 1991, Edith Cowan University (ECU) has established itself as the go-to Australian university for a quality learning experience. Students graduate among some of the best in the world and have continued to serve society in many important roles.
ECU produces winners because they are a winner! In 2018 Times Higher Education ranked ECU in the world’s top 150 universities under 50 years old, and the Good Universities Guide has given them a 5-star rating for teaching quality 12 years straight.
From social work, youth work, nutrition, engineering, technology, management and more, ECU offer a host of undergraduate and postgraduate courses that’ll excel your career and expose you to new levels of success. Enquire today and see where an ECU qualification can lead you!
Students feel happy, well supported and well educated when they study with ECU, in fact, in the 2018 QILT survey, Edith Cowan University received the highest student experience rating of all Australian public universities.
When you study with ECU, you’ll have access to expert course advice, counselling, diversity and disability services, transnational and national program support, student success programs, careers and employability services... just to name a few.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations:
- Western Australia: Joondalup