Are you a graduate in Sports Science, Human Movement, Physical Education, Exercise Physiology or Kinesiology? Do you want a competitive edge in the realm of exercise science? Further your studies with a Master of Exercise Science (Strength and Conditioning) at Edith Cowan University. This postgraduate course will put you ahead in the game and is Recognised by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA); and the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA).
This Masters program is designed for those wanting to advance their knowledge in the field of strength and conditioning. Build on your understanding of physiology, biomechanics, resistance training, injury prevention and rehabilitation through the modality of strength and conditioning.
Upon successful completion, you’ll be ready to take on further academic studies such as a doctorate or proceed with your career as an elite Personal Trainer, Sports Coach, or Strength and Conditioning Coach.
You may be eligible to apply for a postgraduate course at ECU if you meet the following:
- Hold a Bachelor Degree in Sports Science or related field from a recognised Australian Institution (or equivalent); AND
- Meet ECU’s English Competency requirements and any other special admission requirements for the course
What You’ll Learn
In this exercise science course, subjects you may study include:
- Research and Computer Methods in Strength and Conditioning
- Strength and Conditioning 1 - Physiology
- Applied Biomechanics in Strength and Conditioning
- Advanced Resistance Training
- Strength and Conditioning - Practicum
- Physiological Tests for Elite Athletes
- Current Issues in Strength and Conditioning
- Periodisation: Theory and Methodology of Training
- Monitoring Training and Performance
Why study with Edith Cowan University?
Since opening in 1991, Edith Cowan University (ECU) has established itself as the go-to Australian university for a quality learning experience. Students graduate among some of the best in the world and have continued to serve society in many important roles.
ECU produces winners because they are a winner! In 2018 Times Higher Education ranked ECU in the world’s top 150 universities under 50 years old, and the Good Universities Guide has given them a 5-star rating for teaching quality 12 years straight.
From social work, youth work, nutrition, engineering, technology, management and more, ECU offer a host of undergraduate and postgraduate courses that’ll excel your career and expose you to new levels of success. Enquire today and see where an ECU qualification can lead you!
Students feel happy, well supported and well educated when they study with ECU, in fact, in the 2018 QILT survey, Edith Cowan University received the highest student experience rating of all Australian public universities.
When you study with ECU, you’ll have access to expert course advice, counselling, diversity and disability services, transnational and national program support, student success programs, careers and employability services... just to name a few.