The Master of Cyber Security from Deakin University is a comprehensive course that prepares students to become expert cyber security professionals.
Cyber security is one of the most pressing issues facing us now and into the future. Professionals whose job it is to protect against cyber crime and threats are highly valued in an increasingly digital world. Throughout this course, you’ll cover everything from system security and digital forensics to analytics and organisational security, preparing you to take on expert security roles within business, government or law enforcement.
This course is delivered entirely online and consists of 14 core units plus two elective units. If you enter the course from a related academic or professional background, you may be eligible for credit transfer and recognition for up to 4 units.
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements; AND
- Entry will be based on performance in:
- a Bachelor degree or other qualification at a higher AQF level in any discipline; OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.
What You’ll Learn
In this security course, the subjects you may study include:
- Object-Oriented Development
- Database and Information Retrieval
- Software Requirements Analysis and Modelling
- Web Technologies and Development
- Value of Information
- Security and Privacy Issues in Analytics
- Communications Network Security
- Advanced Digital Forensics
- Advanced Topics in Digital Security
- IT Security Management
- Research and Development in Information Technology
- Project Analysis and Design
- Project Delivery
- Computer Networks
Why study with Deakin University?
Established in 1974 as Australia’s first regional university in Victoria, Deakin University has consistently raised the bar in delivering quality tertiary education with a focus on excellent teaching and research.
The multi-award winning education provider teaches over 53,000 students a year, offering renowned courses that integrate real-world expertise and practical skills. Get recognised with Deakin in a range of industries, including nutrition, sports management, property management, law, business and more. Plus, they’ve have ranked in the top 2% by the acclaimed Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
As a student of Deakin, you’ll get support every step of the way along your learning journey!
They’ve got a range of on-campus facilities and online features to help ease the pressure of study, including on-campus childcare services, a medical centre with qualified nurses and doctors, free and confidential counselling (face-to-face or via phone) and more.
Deakin also offer advisers and resources to help develop your academic skills. Advisers are available on campus and online to help guide you in your research, assignment and study practices.