The online Graduate Diploma of Sports Administration course, from The Australian College of Physical Education, offers an advanced education in contemporary sports administration principles and practices.
Designed to meet the needs of sports industry administrators, the course builds a comprehensive framework through which to interpret the political, legislative and commercial issues surrounding sports management. It provides students with a solid understanding of a broad range of core learning areas, including governance, finance, law, ethics, facility management, human resource management, marketing, media relations, event management and risk management.
All study material is supplemented with up-to-date case studies and employs a vocationally oriented approach.
Study with ACPE
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a bachelor's degree in a relevant field; OR
- Have completed a diploma or advanced diploma qualification, supported by additional relevant work experience; OR
- Have substantial relevant work or educational experience, demonstrating a capacity to succeed.
What You’ll Learn
In this sports administration course, the subjects you will study include:
- Principles of sports administration
- Law and ethics in sports admin
- Managerial Accounting and Finance Management in Sports Administration
- Marketing and media relations in sports admin
- Facility and Event Management in Sport Administration
- Leadership in Sports Administration
- Research in Sports Administration
Why study with Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.