Passionate about helping young minds develop? This Bachelor of Teaching (Primary) from Charles Sturt University gives you the keys to help K-6 students develop their knowledge, skills and capabilities to ensure they start their schooling off on the right foot.
If you already hold a bachelor’s degree, this course helps you build on your existing qualification and make the leap to teaching. You’ll learn everything you need to know to pursue a successful career in primary education. This course covers the full range of subjects taught in NSW primary schools. You’ll develop skills for teaching English, studies of society and the environment, creative arts, health and physical education, mathematics, and science and technology.
This course will teach you how to be a responsive and reflective educator able to cater to the diverse needs of young learners and their communities. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your skills in a practical environment, making your transition to the classroom as a professional teacher easier.
Study teaching at CSU
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree (or AQF equivalent) in any discipline from a University or other tertiary education provider; AND
- Completion of a minimum of 6 of the 8 required university-level subjects which align with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) requirements for K-6 teaching (may be within Bachelor Degree); AND
- Standard English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements
What You’ll Learn
In this teaching course, subjects you may study include:
- Assessment and Reporting
- Learning and Development K-6
- Successful Teaching
- Managing the Classroom Environment
- Indigenous Australian Studies for Teachers
- Principles of Inclusive Education
- Professional Experience 1
- Professional Experience 2
- Primary English Curriculum: Understanding Language and Literacy
- Primary English Curriculum
- Mathematics: Content & Pedagogy
- Mathematics in the Primary Years
- Science and Technology Curriculum
- Curriculum Studies: Society and Environment
- Teaching and Assessing the Creative Arts
- PDHPE Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Learning and Development K-6 EED408 Successful Teaching
Why study with Charles Sturt University?
One of the first universities to adopt distance education study, Charles Sturt University (CSU) is Australia's leading university in online education and continues to strive for innovation and excellence in higher learning. With a track record in graduate employment and strong industry contacts, CSU offers relevant training and workplace skills at both an undergraduate and postgraduate level. CSU specialises in a range of industries such as agriculture, viticulture, education, librarianship, allied health and criminology.
Charles Sturt has 6 campuses in NSW, Australia. All CSU students can attend any campus for support and to use available facilities. Campus locations include; Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst, Dubbo, Orange, Port Macquarie, Wagga Wagga.
CSU offers a range of student support services, academic learning support and skills development for all its distance education students. Studying with CSU, you will have access to your online subjects, Student Services, the CSU Library, forums and your exam results through student.csu, a personalised online portal.
You will also have entry into CSU Interact, a scholarly environment that connects students and staff online. Each subject you’re enrolled in will have its own subject site housed within CSU Interact, giving you access to learning content, tools and subject forums.