Passionate about education? Make the classroom your career! This Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) from Charles Sturt University let’s you to build on your bachelor’s degree and start teaching the subjects you’re passionate about to secondary school students.
Teaching is an opportunity to support the social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of the next generation. You’ll learn key skills for being an effective teacher and bringing the best out in your students. The core units of this course will give you a thorough grounding in pedagogy, teaching skills and inclusive education. You’ll learn how to manage the classroom and set a curriculum.
With electives covering curriculum methods for your chosen subject area, you’ll hone skills specific to your future teaching career. Depending on your tertiary qualification, you may be able to pursue a second subject area, giving you further flexibility in your career.
If you’ve always considered a future in the classroom, this flexible online course puts your goals within reach. You’ll gain essential skills and methodologies for your career as a secondary school teacher. Why wait? Enquire now!
Study teaching at CSU
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree (or AQF equivalent) in an acceptable discipline from a University or other tertiary education provider; AND
- Completion of a minimum of the equivalent of three-quarters of a year of discipline study in the subject area you wish to teach; AND
- Standard English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements
What You’ll Learn
In this teaching course, subjects you may study include:
- Managing the Classroom Environment
- Literacy Strategies for Learning
- Classroom Technologies
- Pedagogies in Diverse Classrooms
- Education in the 21st Century
- Assessment and Reporting
- Learning and Development 7-12
- Successful Teaching
- Indigenous Australian Studies for Teachers
- Principles of Inclusive Education
- Professional Experience 1
- Professional Experience 2
- Curriculum Method 1: Visual Art
- Curriculum Method 2: Visual Art
- Curriculum Method 1: Society & Environment
- Curriculum Method 2: Society & Environment
- Curriculum Method 1: English
- Curriculum Method 2: English
- Curriculum Method 1: Drama
- Curriculum Method 2: Drama
- LOTE Curriculum Studies 1
- LOTE Curriculum Studies 2
- Curriculum Method 1: Mathematics
- Curriculum Method 2: Mathematics
- Curriculum Method 1: Personal Development/Health/Physical Education
- Curriculum Method 2: Personal Development/Health/Physical Education
- Curriculum Method 1: Science
- Curriculum Method 2: Science
- Curriculum Method 1: Agriculture
- Curriculum Method: Technologies
- Curriculum Method 1: Information Technology
- Curriculum Method 2: Information Technology
- Introductory Technologies and Design Curriculum
- Curriculum Method: Design and Technology
- Teacher Librarianship
- Literature across the Curriculum
- Curriculum Method: Technology Studies
- Curriculum Method: Technologies
- Multimodal Writing
- Web Pedagogies
Why study with Charles Sturt University?
One of the first universities to adopt distance education study, Charles Sturt University (CSU) is Australia's leading university in online education and continues to strive for innovation and excellence in higher learning. With a track record in graduate employment and strong industry contacts, CSU offers relevant training and workplace skills at both an undergraduate and postgraduate level. CSU specialises in a range of industries such as agriculture, viticulture, education, librarianship, allied health and criminology.
Charles Sturt has 6 campuses in NSW, Australia. All CSU students can attend any campus for support and to use available facilities. Campus locations include; Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst, Dubbo, Orange, Port Macquarie, Wagga Wagga.
CSU offers a range of student support services, academic learning support and skills development for all its distance education students. Studying with CSU, you will have access to your online subjects, Student Services, the CSU Library, forums and your exam results through student.csu, a personalised online portal.
You will also have entry into CSU Interact, a scholarly environment that connects students and staff online. Each subject you’re enrolled in will have its own subject site housed within CSU Interact, giving you access to learning content, tools and subject forums.