Start your dream career on the global stage by studying this challenging and exciting Master of International Tourism and Hotel Management from The Hotel School.
Designed for professionals seeking to build on existing hospitality experience and excel in leadership roles in the tourism sector, this course will prepare you with the skills and knowledge required to tackle the industry’s most challenging problems with ease and professionalism.
With a focus on strategic leadership and management, this course prepares students for all aspects of a career in hospitality or tourism management. You’ll study people management and communication, business planning and entrepreneurial thinking, marketing and financial management, and have opportunities to build you practical competencies and develop your resume by undertaking internship and integrated workplace learning opportunities.
Designed for future leaders, this course will help you develop the critical and creative abilities required to thrive on the global stage in tourism and hospitality management roles both in Australia and overseas. If you’re seeking a challenging, rewarding and dynamic career, this course is your first step.
The Hotel School Master: Uma Panchapakesan
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold an Australia bachelor's degree or equivalent
Please note that selection for this course is on merit and you may be required to attend an interview. English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 is also required for international students.
What You’ll Learn
In this tourism course, the subjects you may study include:
- Accounting for managers
- Industry research project
- Leading and managing people
- Tourism and hospitality management
- International tourism systems
- Management communication
- Tourism and hospitality sales and promotion
- Tourism planning environments
- Food and beverage management
- Revenue and yield management for tourism & hospitality
- Festival and special events planning
- Facility and risk management for hospitality operations
- Tourism and hotel internship
- Tourism and hotel professional development
- Contemporary hotel and tourism issues
- Business research methods
- Service management for tourism and hospitality
- Environmental management for hotels and attractions
- Business events management
Why study with The Hotel School?
Get qualified with The Hotel School and gain the skills, knowledge and insight to succeed in the hospitality and tourism industry!
Since it’s beginning in 1989, The Hotel School has built close relationships with a range of leading local and international hospitality and tourism organisations, including the InterContinental, Marriott, Sofitel and more.
Learn from experienced educators, gain great industry exposure and enjoy a premier learning experience developed in partnership with Southern Cross University. Join the ranks of some of Australia’s best talent in hospitality when you study with The Hotel School!
Whether you're after a place to stay while studying, counselling services, expert career advice or even medical assistance, students of Southern Cross University will get the right support, services and assistance that help make their learning journey as enjoyable and stress-free as possible.