At the all-important meeting point of business, design and technology lies product management. Product managers facilitate the development and successful launch of new products – an exciting career that you can start working towards with the Product Management Part-Time course from General Assembly!
This course, which can be completed over 10 weeks part-time or through a one-week accelerated course, provides the skills, tools and strategies you need to succeed as a product manager. You’ll learn how to lead a team; communicate with stakeholders, designers and developers; and develop a product strategy to launch market-ready products to consumers.
The course offers a blended learning experience, with online and on-campus education and a series of assignments culminating in a final project. After just 10 weeks (or one, if you’re game!), you’ll be ready to kick off an exciting, in-demand career in product management.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
What You’ll Learn
In this web design course, the subjects you may study include:
- Introducing Product Management
- Exploring the Product Development Life Cycle
- Executing Customer Development
- Developing Personas
- Building a Minimum Viable Product
- Outlining and Prioritizing Features
- Communicating Your Ideas Visually
- Validating Your Design
- Pitching A Product or Feature
- Mid-Point Presentations
- Defining Product Roadmaps
- Setting Metrics and Objectives and Key Results
- Understanding Agile Methodology
- Applying Agile Tactics
- Identifying Essential Tech Knowledge for PMs
- Flex Session
- Defining Keys of Stakeholder Management
- Final Presentations, Part I
- Final Presentations, Part II
- Exploring Potential Next Steps
Why study with General Assembly?
Grow and develop your skills in web development, user experience design, digital marketing, data science and more with the expert guidance of General Assembly.
With over 50,000 course graduates under their belt, General Assembly is a trusted quality education provider, offering students an innovative learning experience with courses specifically designed to meet employer needs and market demands.
Be part of a supportive community during every step of your learning journey and beyond!
General Assembly cares about your future and wants to help drive your career forward, which is why they developed an Immersive program to help you grow the right tools and strategies when it comes time to head into the workforce. You’ll also have access to GA’s huge network of over 50,000 alumni as well as the opportunity to attend exclusive events.