There should be nothing more important to a business than the health and safety of its workers. That’s where specially trained WHS professionals come in: it’s their job to ensure that the work environment is as safe and free of risk as possible. If you think you’re up to the challenge, why not undertake MCI Institute’s Diploma of Work Health & Safety (BSB51315) and step up into a vitally important career?
In this immersive online course, you’ll build up a foundation of essential WHS management knowledge and practical skills. As well as becoming conversant with WHS laws and regulations, you’ll explore various scenarios of potential workplace incidents. You’ll learn how to analyse situations and apply solutions; investigate incidents; communicate effectively with your colleagues; and develop, implement and maintain successful WHS management systems to keep your workplace safe.
Work health and safety professionals are highly sought-after across a range of industries. After just 12 months of full-time study with MCI Institute, you’ll be ready to become one of them with this nationally recognised qualification. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!
Diploma of Work Health and Safety
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completed all core units in Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety (BSB41415) or equivalent competencies (should you not have completed the units prior to course commencement, MCI Institute provides an alternative assessment which includes the above pre-requisites for you to complete before undertaking the Diploma); AND
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the day of enrolment; AND
- Must maintain satisfactory language, literacy and numeracy skills; AND
- Must have both access to a computer and internet and a basic level of computer literacy; AND
- Must demonstrate:
- Evidence of completing Senior Secondary School Certificate, or equivalent; OR
- Recent relevant industry experience; OR
- Evidence of having completed or undertaken other accredited training at a Certificate IV AQF level or above; OR
- Ability to undertake this qualification as demonstrated to MCI during the Welcome call.
What You’ll Learn
In this WHS course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBWHS410 - Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
- BSBWHS502 - Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS503 - Contribute to systematic management of WHS risk
- BSBWHS504 - Manage WHS risks
- BSBWHS505 - Investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS506 - Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBSUS501 - Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWHS508 - Manage WHS hazards associated with plant
- BSBWHS510 - Contribute to implementing emergency procedures
Why study with MCI Institute?
Courses in Accounting, Business, Leadership, WHS and more, MCI Institute can get you recognised in it all!
MCI is an award-winning, education provider, proudly taking home 30 awards in the last 15 years, including placing on the 2018 AFR Most Innovative Companies List. They make education within your reach through supported online delivery so you can study anywhere, anytime, to achieve your career goals.
With close ties to corporate Australia, MCI strive for success and strive to help their students succeed by maintaining the only the highest international education standards.
Even though you’re studying online, you’re never alone with MCI Institute! They offer students access to support teams who will make sure you’re on track with your studies and your wellbeing is in-check. From time management tips to how to increase motivation and even nutritional tips, MCI’s online support program will help you stay on track every step of the way to graduation day.