Selection Criteria Sample: Demonstrated Literacy, Numeracy, Accuracy And Attention To Detail
If you’re gunning for a job within the public sector, it’s crucial to write targeted and persuasive responses to the key selection criteria.
If the job application asks you to address your numeracy and literacy skills, and emphasises the importance of a keen eye for detail, use this sample response to help you write a killer answer.
Selection criteria example: Demonstrated literacy, numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail
Working as a legal secretary at a law firm for the past four years has developed my numeracy, literacy and accuracy skills to a high level. When dealing with clients’ cases and information, it is vital to be accurate and take great care with attention to detail.
I regularly deal with the financial accounts for our busy office, which involves accurate input of financial data into our computer system. I am also required to communicate with clients via letters and emails. It is important that these communications are constructed in the correct manner, both for customer understanding and compliance with the firm’s regulations. I occasionally undertake cash handling tasks with the expectation of zero cash errors.
For example, one particularly important case our firm undertook involved the preparation and location of particular, relevant information. I was involved with gathering this information and assisted in writing various reports. This required a strong attention to detail and the accuracy of the information influenced the outcome of the case. As a result, I was highly commended by the lawyer running the case.
Applying for a government position and struggling with the job application? Get inspired by our sample responses to a range of selection criteria.
Popular Course Searches
- bachelor of liberal studies in sydney
- study correspondence bachelor of arts in internet communication
- australian catholic university courses correspondence
- bachelor of arts online australia
- deakin courses correspondence
- macquarie university bachelor of arts units by distance
- bachelor degree in liberal arts
- courses open universities australia
- acu courses australia
- bachelor of arts griffith university gold coast
- arts courses hecs help
- gov funded arts courses
- gov funded arts courses melbourne
- government funded arts courses vic
- arts courses financial assistance