Tips For Making a Showreel
Posted October 13, 2011, by Darryn King
Here are some tips on creating a killer showreel.
- Don't even think about a down-to-earth homemade (read 'amateur') showreel.
- Keep the showreel to about two to three minutes and no longer!
- Check out other showreels on the Internet to see the standard that is out there.
- Make sure you demonstrate your versatility.
- Only include your very best work and edit tightly between different examples.
- If you decide to get your showreel produced by a company that specialises in this, make sure you have a look at their work before going with them.
- Avoid cheesy gimmicks – just strut your stuff in a professional presentation.
- Include your logo (if you have one) at the beginning of the showreel and your name and contact details at the end or on the menu page.
- If you want to make duplicates on DVDs, use good quality stock and make sure that the label and sleeve are well designed.
- Update your showreel regularly so that you always show the best of the best.