Selection Criteria Sample: Ability To File, Retrieve, Shelve, And Physically Organise Materials In A High Volume Environment
If you're applying for a government job, then chances are you're knee-deep in addressing each individual selection criteria listed in the job ad.
Use the response as a template and guide to highlight why you're the best candidate for the job!
Selection criteria: Ability to file, retrieve, shelve, and physically organise materials in a high volume environment
One of the duties of my current role is the maintenance, storage and organisation of paper-based customer and office files held at our company. These files need to be regularly accessed and, as such, it is important that they are kept tidy and easily identifiable. Paper-based reports are issued on a daily basis and I am responsible for the actioning and filing of several of these. I am also involved in the retrieval of archival material from our records department. This requires the initiation of an electronic search request.
Upon starting my current job I realised that the data filing system could be organised in a way that would make it more efficient and easier to locate files quickly. I gained permission from the manager and took on the task to reorganise the whole filing system of our department. I decided to use an alphabetical system with brightly coloured letters.
This was greatly appreciated by my colleagues and everyone agreed that it was a much better system that allowed us to locate files quickly and easily. The filing system that I implemented has now been used for the past five years and is also being introduced to other departments in the company.
Applying for a government position and struggling with the job application? Get inspired by our sample responses to a range of selection criteria.
Popular Course Searches
- bachelor of liberal studies in sydney
- study correspondence bachelor of arts in internet communication
- australian catholic university courses correspondence
- bachelor of arts online australia
- deakin courses correspondence
- macquarie university bachelor of arts units by distance
- bachelor degree in liberal arts
- courses open universities australia
- acu courses australia
- bachelor of arts griffith university gold coast
- arts courses hecs help
- gov funded arts courses
- gov funded arts courses melbourne
- government funded arts courses vic
- arts courses financial assistance