Accounting graduate resume
This free sample resume for an accounting graduate has an accompanying sample accounting graduate cover letter to help you put together a winning job application.
4/12 Milan Ave
Victor Harbour SA 5211
M: 0400 222 333
Recent accounting graduate looking for a position in accounting and finance where I can utilise my skills, put my learning into practice and make a contribution. I am eager to learn, and excited about beginning my career in this dynamic industry.
Major: Accounting; Minor: Management
Communication and teamwork
Able to communicate effectively in a professional business manner and as a member of a team. Strong written and verbal communication skills acquired through study and work.
Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Working while studying a full-time bachelor degree has given me the time management skills to multitask and work under pressure. I am driven to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy, and have never been late with an assignment.
Enthusiastic, hard-working and eager to learn
Reliable and trustworthy, with a strong work ethic and values. A high achiever; received university study grants every year from 2008 to 2010.
Strong technical proficiency in MYOB (advanced level) and Microsoft Office 2010 (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint), with some experience with QuickBooks.
Fluent in spoken and written English and Italian.
Machine Operator, Post-It Engineering
- Achieving daily production targets
- Checking product quality and adhering to design specifications and international quality standards
- Training new employees
- Liaising with management to ensure achievement of daily targets
- Maintaining occupational health and safety standards
- Consistently exceeded monthly production targets and maintained an excellent work record
Bookkeeper/Office Administrator (part-time), Diego’s Soccer Camps
- Performed bookkeeping/accounting duties, including accounts payable and receivable, reconciliations, payroll tax and GST
- Prepared financial reports, including BAS
- Managed the database accurately and kept it up-to-date
- Maintained confidential records and filesCreated documents, Excel spreadsheets and brochures
- Managed internal and external correspondence and emails
- Provided customer service and handled customer queries
- Kept detailed and accurate accounting records and ensured compliance to current legislation
- Helped to design and create camp brochures, resulting in cost savings
- Worked closely and harmoniously with other camp staff
Accounting Assistant, Giuseppi’s Produce Market
- Reported directly to the chief accountant and owner
- Assisted accounting staff in managing accounts receivable/payable and end-of-month reconciliation
- Remitted cheques and cash to the bank
- Made purchases, preparing invoices and keeping track of overdue accounts
- Maintained confidential documents and records
Passport member of CPA Australia
Football, photography and espresso-making
T: (02) 9888 4444
Diego’s Soccer Camps
T: (02) 9000 1234