Communications officer sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a communications officer has an accompanying communications officer sample resume and communications officer sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Clean Up! is an organisation whose goal is to keep Australia clean by stopping littering and keeping the environment free from inorganic post-consumer products. It’s about corporate social responsibility and considering the life cycles of the products we consume.
So what do we do?
We build public campaigns and events to make communities and businesses more aware of the rubbish they create and the importance of keeping it out of fragile ecosystems.
We are looking for a practised Communications Officer with exceptional communication and people skills to join this vibrant and passionate team. Both part and full time job seekers are encouraged to apply.
- Write a range of media material, ensuring it remains consistent, upbeat and delivered in a timely fashion
- Unify all messages and communications around the Clean Up! strategic plan to achieve positive awareness and brand alignment
- Represent Clean Up! at events, conferences, workshops and awards
- Evaluate and review opportunities to improve Clean Up! communication activities to ensure target audiences are being effectively reached
- Coordinate the management and updating of information on the new Clean Up! website and support the development and use of social media platforms
- Respond to media inquiries
You will need:
- A qualification in journalism, PR, marketing or a related field
- Experience in a similar role producing media releases and conducting regular liaison with media organisations
- Ability to work under tight time pressures and produce quality content
- Familiarity with social media and web content
- Strong computer literacy
- An interest in environmental issues
If you’re a qualified and enthusiastic communications pro who’s passionate about the environment, please send your resume and cover letter to Minnie Presser, Public Affairs Manager, Clean Up! Australia: email@example.com.