Disability support worker sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a disability support worker has an accompanying disability support worker sample resume and disability support worker sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Disability Support Worker
Uplift is a not-for-profit organisation helping to support people with a physical or intellectual disability. A leading provider of care in Australia, we have a reputation for providing our clients with support in an understanding, flexible and empathetic way.
Uplift is currently seeking an experienced disability support worker to provide care and support to vulnerable members of our community.
- Perform health care tasks to support the health, hygiene and general wellbeing of clients
- Deliver programs designed to help clients to achieve their goals
- Perform a range of household tasks with clients such as cooking meals, cleaning, shopping and bathing
- Assist clients to attend medical appointments and go for walks
- Perform hoisting work if needed
You will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in disability or community services
- Minimum 6 months of experience in a similar role
- A strong desire to have a positive effect on people with disabilities, and a commitment to supporting and promoting their individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals
- Personal qualities of resilience, empathy and self-confidence
- First Aid Certificate and Manual Handling training
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Current driver’s licence with own transport
Successful applicants will need to complete a Police Check for Disabled Care and a Working with Children Check.
If you possess all the necessary skills and have a passion for improving the lives of others, send your resume and cover letter to Ron Gosling, Director, Uplift, [email protected]