Enrolled nurse sample resume
32 Gardenia Drive
Oakleaf NSW 2888
Mobile: 0400 000 000
Email: [email protected]
Dedicated and energetic enrolled nurse seeking an opportunity to contribute to positive patient outcomes in a supportive and caring aged care environment. Strong clinical skills, a caring and patient nature, excellent communication and organisation, and a desire to continue learning and developing. Able to confidently relate to patients of different cultures and backgrounds, and fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese.
Enrolled Nurse, Meadowlands Carers
- Provide patient care to the elderly at various homes and residences throughout the Sydney region, on temporary assignments of various lengths from a few days to six months
- Assist registered nurses and help patients as required; perform procedures such as administering medication, taking measurements, calibrating medical equipment, cannulation, cleaning wounds and changing dressings, and assisting residents to eat, bathe, walk and conduct daily activities
- Perform all duties following professional aged care standards and the organisational protocols at each facility
- Record stats and patients’ conditions in electronic files and update database
- Monitor the condition of patients and alert registered nurses to any concerns or negative changes
- Maintain a positive, caring, patient and friendly demeanour at all times
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation and consistently receive positive feedback from patients and staff
- Have had numerous temporary assignments extended due to my excellent performance and popularity with residents
- Have learned to adapt quickly to each new environment and new patients, and gained a diversity of experience
Clinical Placement, Eucalypt Health Services
- Worked within the high care aged unit, providing support to registered nurses
- Cared for older persons with long-term nursing needs and dementia
- Helped patients with daily activities and wound management, facilitated communication and helped to boost morale
- Received high commendation from my nursing supervisor
- Maintained professionalism and calmness at all times in situations where patients were suffering high levels of anxiety, and upheld the highest standards of patient care
Skills and Strengths
- Clinical skills, including wound management, suture removal, cannulation, cardiac monitoring, catheter insertion and catheter care
- Teamwork skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills developed from working with a wide range of people in numerous residences, with ability to quickly establish rapport; able to communicate well with those from different socio-cultural and NES backgrounds, and fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office, and able to quickly learn new programs and internal databases/systems
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Medication Administration for Enrolled Nurses (Holmesglen, 2012)
- Current CPR training and national police clearance check
- Understanding of aged care standards and ACFI documentation
- During enrolled nursing training, completed courses in basic life support, medical emergencies management, fire and evacuation, manual handling and infection control
Eucalypt Health Services
T: (02) 9999 8888
E: [email protected]
T: (02) 9999 1111
E: [email protected]
Need to get your Career ship-shape?
Then a Career Coach is a great place to start.
Greg Faherty is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) and the owner of two success...
Kathy Keshemberg has assisted job seekers and career changers successfully achieve their g...
Hayden is the founder of Australia's top rated Resume & Cover Letter writing service, ...