Environmental health officer sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a environmental health officer has an accompanying environmental health officer sample resume and environmental health officer sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Environmental Health Officer
Lister Valley Council is looking for an enthusiastic and professional Environmental Health Officer who can live up to our environmental motto: ‘Caring for the environment and community for a cleaner, greener, healthier future’.
In this position, you will monitor both the built and natural environment to ensure adequate illness and disease prevention. This role encompasses inspection and sampling programs, maintaining compliance of premises and the provision of advice on relevant legislation.
- Promote and enforce the Public Health & Wellbeing Act and Council policy.
- Mentor Environmental Health Services staff and assist the Manager Health Services with unit operations such as negotiation, service delivery, report preparation and implementation of Council resolutions.
- Work with the water authority to encourage properties to connect to sewer.
- Undertake environmental management and public health promotional and education programs.
- Contribute towards the implementation of the Council’s Environmental Health Business Plan.
- Build and maintain solid relationships with a variety of key stakeholders.
- Achieve sustainable environmental health outcomes.
- Ensure compliance with a range of principles contained in Council policies and statutory documents including the Health and Food Acts and complementary legislation.
You will need:
- Bachelor of Science (Environmental Health) degree or equivalent public health/science qualifications
- Demonstrated ability in research and analytical processes
- Previous experience in food safety, noise complaints and site inspections
- Experience in septic tanks and immunisation programs
- Current driver's licence
- Understanding of relevant legislation including the Public Health & Wellbeing Act and Environment Protection Act
- A passion for environmental health
- An ability to work effectively and add value to the team
- Strong communication skills with colleagues and the community
Local council experience, while not necessary, is desirable. As this is a very busy regional council your ability to work autonomously and prioritise tasks will be essential to your success.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Sally Montague, Manager, Health Services Unit, Lister Valley Council: [email protected]