Farm operations manager sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a Farm operations manager has an accompanying Farm operations manager sample resume and Farm operations manager sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Farm operations manager
The Olive Company Pty Ltd
We are seeking an experienced Farm Operations Manager for the day-to-day operations of our olive grove located at Rivers End.
This exciting role requires a hands-on approach to manage and oversee all aspects of the farm, including crop performance and packing shed operations.
You will ideally be a commercially astute team player who is patient and flexible, with the capacity to take responsibility and make decisions. Your ability to identify and perform farm maintenance requirements is a must.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to manage daily issues and support the team.
You will be expected to:
- Perform long and short term project management
- Manage, supervise and train pickers and packing staff
- Perform machinery operation, repairs, maintenance
- Organise and supervise chemical weed and pest controls
- Understand and work towards production targets
- Manage budget?
- Source and oversee contractors?Maintain HAACP and OH&S standards
You will need:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in farm operations
- Tertiary qualifications in agriculture
- Experience/qualifications in chemical handling
- A solid understanding of maintenance operations
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Forklift licence
A salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be negotiated for the right applicant. Living quarters with all mod cons will be provided as part of the package. For further information, please contact Kane Reacham, Managing Director, The Olive Company Pty Ltd, [email protected] or phone on (03) 9999 0000.