Farm operations manager sample resume
This free sample resume for a Farm operations manager has an accompanying sample Farm operations manager cover letter to help you put together a winning job application.
12 Furrows Rd
Pickum NSW 2345
T: (02) 9876 5432
M: 0400 333 666
I am a tertiary qualified farm/operations manager, with a high level of experience in overseeing farm operations and implementing agricultural practices. Through my competence operating a vast array of farm technology, my hands-on approach to work, my outstanding communication skills and my thorough understanding of QA in a HACCP environment, I believe I would be an asset to any agricultural enterprise.
The Good Oil is a boutique producer of extra virgin olive oil.
- Developing systems such as work planning, staff management, reporting?
- Weed and pest control?
- Managing, supervising and training staff in pack sheds and pickers
- Organising all farming activities associated with crop production including machinery operation, repairs, maintenance, agronomy and all aspects of chemical application
- Working with agronomists and farm owners to achieve production targets?
- Managing farm budget?
- Sourcing and supervising contractors?
- Conducting OH&S hazard identification and risk assessments
- Managed successful pest eradication program
- Oversaw highest annual return in company history
Assistant Farm Manager, The Good Oil
- Worked alongside the Farm Operations Manager to perform the responsibilities listed above as smoothly and efficiently as possible
- Helped with staff supervision
- Suggested several major improvements to operations that resulted in increased efficiency and productivity
- Introduced new technology and techniques to decrease waste production and waste disposal costs
Senior Farm Hand (part-time), Drysand Pastoral
Drysand is a 9400ha family-run property with 3500 breeding cows and 6500 merino sheep.
- Maintenance of machines
- Stock inventory, computer recording
- Fencing and repairs
- Workshop duties as required
- Management of animal husbandry
- Stock management
- Application of modern feedlot production techniques
- Mustering and cattle handling
- Monitoring stock condition
- Management of team of farm hands
- Driver’s licence class C
- MC licence
- Forklift licence
- First aid certificate, St John’s Ambulance
- Bush Firefighter certificate, NSW Rural Fire Service
- Certificate in chemical handling
- Tractor ticket
My interests include fishing, waterskiing and camping.
| Cath Terry – Managing Director|
The Good Oil
T: (02) 9955 6633
| Don Walker – Director |
Drysand Pastoral Company
T: (02) 9123 7890