General manager resume
This free sample resume for a general manager has an accompanying general manager sample cover letter to help you put together a winning job application.
47 Clay Street
Waverville NSW 2222
Mobile: 0022 444 444
Home: 02 2444 4444
Email: [email protected]
In my 13 years in the industry, I have worked across all facets of transport and logistics, from operations through to board meetings. In 2002, I was awarded the New South Wales Government Transport and Logistics Professional Achiever Award and in 2006 became the New South Wales Business Woman of the Year. I was elected to the board of the Transport and Logistics Council in 2007.
Graduated: November 1995
Graduated: November 1994
- Oversee each business unit
- Drive the financial and strategic development of the company
- Coordinate branches in each state
- Developed new business unit
- Created a 20 per cent increase in customer base
- Drove a 15 per cent increase in profits since starting at the company
- Remotely oversee each business unit and report to executive management
- Make recommendations on the financial and strategic direction of the company
- Relief management of branches in other states
- Advise on financial management issues
- Manage and implement changes and updates in ERP software
- Train administration and sales staff
- Consult on human resources/payroll management
- Consult on Industrial Relations and award requirements for all staff.
- Set up new business unit in International Logistics
- Developed new offices in Northern Territory
- Implemented new pay structures
- Met all company financial budget requirements
- Created in-house IT department – saving 20 per cent of costs
- Coordinate the creation of a new office in Perth
- Run group training sessions of sales personnel
- Run one-on-one software training
- Report to Ddirectors and senior managers of the national organisation
- Market the program to the industry nationally
- Successfully set up and manage new office
- Had new office running at a profit within 18 months of creation
- Created a 500-strong client base from scratch
Kall Transport and Logistics
- Manage daily operations of the branch
- Interact with customers to develop long-term client relationships
- Build and lead a team of 150
- Coordinate departments (import, export, finance and preparation)
- Achieved business development
- Increased branch profits by 10 per cent
- Introduction of training and retention programs – decreased staff turnover by 20 per cent and increased job satisfaction according to results of staff surveys
|Category||Name||Proficiency||Yrs Experience||Last Used|
|Administrative||Microsoft Word||Advanced||4+ yrs||use currently|
|Microsoft Excel||Advanced||4+ yrs||use currently|
|Microsoft Access||Advanced||4+ yrs|
|Microsoft PowerPoint||Intermediate||4+ yrs||use currently|
|Microsoft Outlook||Intermediate||4+ yrs||use currently|
|IT||Internet Explorer||Advanced||4+ yrs||use currently|
Available upon request
Need to get your Career ship-shape?
Then a Career Coach is a great place to start.
Greg Faherty is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) and the owner of two success...
Kathy Keshemberg has assisted job seekers and career changers successfully achieve their g...
Hayden is the founder of Australia's top rated Resume & Cover Letter writing service, ...
I look forward to working with you. I have been developing, designing and delivering peopl...