General manager resume
This free sample resume for a general manager has an accompanying general manager sample cover letter to help you put together a winning job application.
47 Clay Street
Waverville NSW 2222
Mobile: 0022 444 444
Home: 02 2444 4444
Email: [email protected]
In my 13 years in the industry, I have worked across all facets of transport and logistics, from operations through to board meetings. In 2002, I was awarded the New South Wales Government Transport and Logistics Professional Achiever Award and in 2006 became the New South Wales Business Woman of the Year. I was elected to the board of the Transport and Logistics Council in 2007.
Graduated: November 1995
Graduated: November 1994
- Oversee each business unit
- Drive the financial and strategic development of the company
- Coordinate branches in each state
- Developed new business unit
- Created a 20 per cent increase in customer base
- Drove a 15 per cent increase in profits since starting at the company
- Remotely oversee each business unit and report to executive management
- Make recommendations on the financial and strategic direction of the company
- Relief management of branches in other states
- Advise on financial management issues
- Manage and implement changes and updates in ERP software
- Train administration and sales staff
- Consult on human resources/payroll management
- Consult on Industrial Relations and award requirements for all staff.
- Set up new business unit in International Logistics
- Developed new offices in Northern Territory
- Implemented new pay structures
- Met all company financial budget requirements
- Created in-house IT department – saving 20 per cent of costs
- Coordinate the creation of a new office in Perth
- Run group training sessions of sales personnel
- Run one-on-one software training
- Report to Ddirectors and senior managers of the national organisation
- Market the program to the industry nationally
- Successfully set up and manage new office
- Had new office running at a profit within 18 months of creation
- Created a 500-strong client base from scratch
Kall Transport and Logistics
- Manage daily operations of the branch
- Interact with customers to develop long-term client relationships
- Build and lead a team of 150
- Coordinate departments (import, export, finance and preparation)
- Achieved business development
- Increased branch profits by 10 per cent
- Introduction of training and retention programs – decreased staff turnover by 20 per cent and increased job satisfaction according to results of staff surveys
|Category||Name||Proficiency||Yrs Experience||Last Used|
|Administrative||Microsoft Word||Advanced||4+ yrs||use currently|
|Microsoft Excel||Advanced||4+ yrs||use currently|
|Microsoft Access||Advanced||4+ yrs|
|Microsoft PowerPoint||Intermediate||4+ yrs||use currently|
|Microsoft Outlook||Intermediate||4+ yrs||use currently|
|IT||Internet Explorer||Advanced||4+ yrs||use currently|
Available upon request
Need to get your Career ship-shape?
Then a Career Coach is a great place to start.
Kathy Keshemberg has assisted job seekers and career changers successfully achieve their g...
Hayden is the founder of Australia's top rated Resume & Cover Letter writing service, ...
I look forward to working with you. I have been developing, designing and delivering peopl...