Government communications officer sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a government communications officer has an accompanying government communications officer sample resume and government communications officer sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Government Communications Officer
Tamworth Regional Council is looking for an experienced communications officer to join the Council team. Tamworth Council is one of the largest councils in inland NSW and is responsible for a population of over 58,000 residents. Tamworth is well known for its community spirit and amazing events, including the annual Tamworth Country Music Festival.
You will be responsible for engaging with both internal and external stakeholders to promote Council achievements and events while continuously raising the profile of Tamworth Regional Council.
- An understanding of Australia’s system of municipal government and parliamentary processes
- A high level of written and oral communication skills
- Relationship-building skills
- Proficiency with website content management and social media tools
- Demonstrated media relations experience, preferably in a government role
- Experience with the design and production of print and online publications
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- A degree in Communications or related field
- 2–3 years working in the communications/media industry
To apply, please send your resume to Rhianna Mitchell, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com, or call on (02) 9999 9999 for more information.