Government policy advisor sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a government policy advisor has an accompanying government policy advisor sample resume and government policy advisor sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Government Policy Advisor
- Social policy
- Full time
- Inner city location
The South Australian Department of Housing is currently looking for an experienced, results-focused individual to join a fast paced team working on housing policy across public and community housing agencies.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for contribution to the development of effective and financially sound housing policy. You will be required to provide advice to the Minister and relevant stakeholders and to prepare reports, correspondence and briefing papers. You will also be involved in complex research and analysis tasks that require outstanding written and critical thinking skills.
You will need to have experience in housing policy, with a proven understanding of relevant issues and legislation.
- Research, analyse and disseminate information on issues relevant to housing policy
- Write and research comprehensive reports on key issues of importance to the government’s three-year housing strategy
- Prepare briefing papers and recommendations for the Housing Minister and stakeholders
- Undertake site visits to source information impacting stakeholders
- Analyse the implications of legislative and policy developments, including assessment of financial implications
- Explore means by which approved polices can be implemented
- Ensure that suitable and timely amendments are implemented and measured
- Determine effectiveness of policies through surveys and research
- Provide advice and guidance to numerous stakeholders to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation
- Craft responses to parliamentary questions
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments
You will need:
- At least two years of experience in housing policy development and reform
- Good understanding of departmental reporting processes
- Consultation, facilitation, negotiation and presentation skills
- The ability to foresee, analyse and interpret internal and external issues likely to impact policy effectiveness
- The ability to prepare high-quality reports for dissemination to stakeholders
- The ability to coordinate, research and write content in conjunction with media and communications departments
- Excellent understanding of legislation relevant to the role including the Housing Act 2001 and various federal and state housing agreement acts
- Excellent research, analysis and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to multitask
If you are committed to improving government policy and display a very high level of professionalism, this could be the opportunity for you.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Stacey Holder, Chief Policy Advisor, SA Department of Housing: email@example.com