Graduate geologist resume
This free sample resume for a geologist graduate has an accompanying sample geologist graduate cover letter to help you put together a winning job application.
164 Granite Rd
Smithfield NSW 2000
T: 0411 222 333
Geology graduate with team spirit and a positive, can-do attitude. Highly organised with well-developed communication and time management skills. Keen to apply the field skills acquired at university to an active project.
Mt Brinkley and Riverston Gorge, NT (July 2011 – 11 days)
Completed structural mapping, fossil, mineral and rock identification. Performed metamorphic zones and history interpretation. Created several maps of the area, both structural and lithographical. Completed a comprehensive report on rock types, structural deformations and data interpretation, along with a logbook containing all measurements and sketches.
Brownstown, NSW (April 2011 – 4 days)
Undertook structural mapping, lithology and igneous sequence interpretation. Produced a comprehensive report.
Salt River, Yass, NSW (July 2010 – 7 days)
Performed fossil identification, structural mapping, lithology and stratigraphical identification and completed a structural map of an area covering 12 square kilometres.
Mt Wellbank, Jacksonville, NSW (April 2010 – 3 days)
Learned basic rock type and mineral identification within igneous sequences.
Bartender, Big Rock Tavern
- Provided excellent customer service including dealing with difficult alcohol-related situations
- Handled customer complaints
- Maintained cellar stock and beer lines
- Drove the courtesy bus and maintained the vehicle
Junior Draftsman, Evergreen Engineering
- Completed technical drawings of basic structural and civil works
- Worked on slab design
- Compiled environmental protection plans, eg. sedimentation fence layouts
- Utilised MapInfo/Discover
Landscape Gardener, Gordon’s Gardens
- Constructed retaining walls and garden edging
- Performed general gardening duties and garden maintenance, including lawn care and paving
Field work skills
Valuable academic and practical experience in geographical mapping and collection of field data, with skills in research and report writing.
An employee who values a team environment, with the capacity to be a constructive and reliable team member.
Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, combined with the ability to cooperate effectively with team members to solve problems.
|Dr Peter Samsonite, PhD |
University of New England, Dept of Earth Sciences
M: 0400 123 321
|Amanda Bier |
Bar Manager, Big Rock Tavern
M: 0411 101 101