Hair stylist/salon manager sample resume
This free sample resume for a hair stylist/ salon manager has an accompanying sample hair stylist/salon manager cover letter and sample hair stylist/salon manager job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
130 Dale Street
Sydney NSW 2000
T: (02) 9000 1111
M: 0400 333 888
Creative and dynamic hair stylist with a high degree of technical knowledge, experience in salon management and excellent client interaction skills with a proven ability to grow a strong and loyal customer base. I have seven years of industry experience working in busy salons and on fashion shows, and have been the recipient of an Australian hair styling award. As a stylist who values my clients and colleagues I am now looking for an opportunity to apply both my hair styling and management skills and knowledge, and contribute to a team that delivers industry-leading services.
Education and Training
Key Skills and Abilities
Great people skills and the ability to communicate
I possess excellent social skills required to engage with clients in a meaningful way to build their trust and respect. In my role at Cutting Point, I am responsible for working with clients to discuss their needs and create hair designs, and briefing junior staff on the techniques required to deliver the desired result. Key to client satisfaction is my ability to carefully listen and interpret their requests, advising and guiding them when required, my caring and positive personality, and my friendly and easy manner. My skill in this area has been demonstrated by repeat business with more than 40 individual clients requesting bookings with me, as well as consistent referrals.
Proven ability to lead a team
I am experienced in helping to manage a busy salon and carrying out the creative direction established by salon owners and senior hairstylists. In my current role, I help to teach junior hairdressers and identify the skills and capabilities of different team members, and assign them to appropriate roles that help to achieve the best results for the salon and clients.
Focused on networking, training and salon promotion opportunities
I have a strong drive to stay on the cutting edge of trends and new techniques. Management consistently commends me on my commitment to training and sharing new trends with colleagues. I am also committed to keeping up-to-date with industry events and meeting new people to develop opportunities for promoting the salon. In my current role, I have secured contracts for the salon to be the hair stylist of choice for major fashion events through my continued interaction with industry leaders. I am also in charge of our social media strategy and have developed a considerable following on Facebook and Twitter.
Creativity and artistic sense
I have a proven ability to put forward creative, original ideas in situations that call for a high degree of artistic sense to showcase our technical ability and individuality, such as during fashion shows or hair styling competitions. My skill in this area has been acknowledged by a prestigious industry award as well as by clients, who have consistently left positive feedback on my styling and advice in customer satisfaction surveys.
Hair Stylist, Cutting Point
- Create striking hair designs combining colouring, straightening, curling or volumising techniques and a range of design finishes for fashion shows
- Interpret creative briefs from clients including fashion designers, photographers and models, as well as regular clients
- Provide services such as cutting, colouring, conditioning, permanent waving, straightening, tinting and styling
- Manage the training and oversee the work of four junior staff
- Develop and implement salon promotions and social media strategies
- Developed the colour and hair style design for the salon’s winning submission to the prestigious L’Oreal Colour Trophy Award 2011
- Developed relationships with fashion industry leaders and secured a three-year contract for the salon to style the City Fashion Week event
- Secured 20% of new business through customer referrals
- Grew the salon’s social media fan base from 80 to over 800
- Maintained a personal client base of more than 40 long-term clients
Hairdresser, Styling Designs
- Consulted with clients to discuss requirements
- Shampooed, conditioned and rinsed hair
- Cut and styled hair
- Advised clients on hair care
- Performed reception duties such as answering telephone calls and making appointments
- Sold retail products and processed payments
- Compiled and filed client records
- Cleaned the salon, work areas and equipment
- Consistently exceeded all monthly revenue and haircutting targets
- Awarded Employee of the Year 2006
- Worked with senior stylist to launch “Champagne and Style Night” to increase client base and community awareness
- Developed and maintained a personal return client base of 25 customers
|Jennifer McKay |
T: (02) 9111 0000
|Melissa Simpson |
Senior Hair Stylist
T: (02) 9333 0000