International aid program coordinator sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for an international aid program coordinator has an accompanying international aid program coordinator sample resume and international aid program coordinator sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
International aid program coordinator
Emergency Hunger Action (EHA) is an international humanitarian aid organisation providing direct assistance and long-term relief to communities suffering as a consequence of man-made or natural disasters. EHA has been one of the leading organisations in action against malnutrition since its creation in 1982, and has programs in over 25 countries around the world focusing on nutrition, food security and water sanitation.
Your role is to facilitate nutritional programs and activities in Niger and manage preventative health programming.
- Design, develop and manage nutritional programs, encompassing proposal writing, technical support, advocacy and resource management
- Monitor food security projects, encompassing collection and analysis of information on food security and its impact on communities
- Plan and implement food security activities such as assessments, cash-based interventions and food aid interventions
- Develop target criteria and instruments to ensure that vulnerable needs groups are addressed
- Manage food security team, nutritional advisors and product developers
- Coordinate manufacture of nutritional products and supplements
- Oversee the safe and efficient distribution and management of health and nutritional supplies and equipment
- Evaluate staff training needs and organise and/or provide training of nutrition and health personnel
- Coordinate nutrition and health activities with UN agencies, local counterparts and other funding agencies
- Ensure WHO compliance in each program component
- Uphold clear communication with all staff on the ground
You will need:
- Qualifications in public health, international aid or a related field
- Experience in planning, implementing and assessing community health programs
- Experience in humanitarian emergency intervention
- Experience in project planning and design, especially involving manufacturing and distribution of goods
- A track record of developing medium-to-large scale proposals and securing funding from donors
- Solid understanding of links between emergency and development programs
- Capacity to manage budgets and an understanding of financial accountability procedures
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity and experience
- Willingness to travel to rural locations and live in basic conditions
We offer a competitive salary package, taking into account previous work experience. Comprehensive insurance, flights and accommodation are covered.
If you are a qualified and passionate aid worker keen to help some of the world’s most disadvantaged people, send your resume and cover letter to Reece Brown, Programs Manager, Emergency Hunger Action: email@example.com