This free sample resume for a journalist has an accompanying journalist sample cover letter to help you put together a winning job application.
56 Hodges Road
Pilberry, NSW 2009 Australia
Mobile: 0903 222 343
Home: 02 9299 0709
Email: [email protected]
I have over seven years experience writing and editing for online and print media. I have held various editor and associate editor positions in some of Australia's forefront independent media publications. A consistently dependable team player, I thrive in a high-pressure environment, enjoy the challenges of meeting deadlines and managing a team, and am comfortable researching, writing and editing on a wide range of topics.
Graduated: November 2008
Graduated: November 2001
- Pitch story ideas to editors
- Research and write stories for submission
- My work has been published in The Courier Pigeon,The Pilberry Morning Herald, The Bi-Monthly, Pen Club, Cleopatra, Sunday Magazine, yourcall.com and others
The Pilberry Morning Herald
- Commission submissions from contributors
- Prepare written and visual content to daily deadlines
- Manage staffing and budgets
- Write stories and editorials
- Developed and coordinated a political blog which has received submissions from around the world
- Contributed to site redesign and development
- Doubled traffic to site
- Managed a team of 36
Pollies & Dollies
- Project design
- Identity management
- Staff management
- Quality assurance
- Commission and edit submissions
- Managed an editorial and design staff of nine
- Increased readership by 20 per cent
- Developed an interactive online political portal which received an average of 10,000 hits per day
- Commission and edit stories
- Make final decision about feature story selection and layout
- Liaise with managing director
- Staff management
- Work closely with the editor to commission stories and organise contracts
- Liaise with in-house teams of writers, photographers, printers, designers and production staff
- Organise and research projects to tight deadlines
- Subedit manuscripts
- Obtain rights to use material from other publications
- Write reports and articles
|Category||Name||Proficiency||Yrs Experience||Last Used|
|Administrative||Microsoft Office||Advanced||4+ yrs||use currently|
|Design/Media||InDesign||Advanced||4+ yrs||use currently|
|Quark||Advanced||4+ yrs||use currently|
|Dreamweaver||Intermediate||4+ yrs||use currently|
|Photoshop||Intermediate||4+ yrs||use currently|
|IT||PC Platform||Advanced||4+ yrs||use currently|
|Mac Platform||Advanced||4+ yrs||use currently|
Available upon request.
Need to get your Career ship-shape?
Then a Career Coach is a great place to start.
Hayden is the founder of Australia's top rated Resume & Cover Letter writing service, ...
12 years of experience in writing resumes and cover letters that get read and get intervie...
Interview Winning Professional Resumes | Cover Letters | Selection Criteria | Government A...