Mechanical engineer sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a mechanical engineer has an accompanying mechanical engineer sample resume and mechanical engineer sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
- Drive-in-drive-out residential role or fly-in-fly-out role
- Career progression and development
- Excellent benefits on offer to the successful candidate!
This is a unique opportunity to work for a large and diversified global mining organisation operating both open cut and underground projects. Due to an increase in project numbers and scope, an opportunity has now become available for a Mechanical Engineer to join the team working on various projects around Australia.
This role will involve reporting to the engineering superintendent along with managing the mechanical engineering tasks, maintenance planning and execution of works in accordance with mining budgeting plans.
In this role, the mechanical engineer will:
- Maintain compliance with legislative and environmental requirements and ensure risk assessments have been utilised
- Plan and coordinate the work in an efficient manner which may require liaising with contractors
- Prioritise and efficiently manage all mechanical engineering works for underground or open cut mining projects in conjunction with the superintendent
- Provide assistance with the budgeting process
- Provide technical support in the preparation of execution plans, method statements and temporary works designs, including supporting calculations to meet project specifications
- Check drawings, designs, materials and equipment for conformity with project specifications
- Manage the maintenance planning and daily project inquiries
The successful applicant will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5 years experience within the mining industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to manage personnel on site
- Beneficial to have strong project management and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to stay organised and multi-task
For more information on this role please contact:
PO Box 300
Green Plains NSW 2008
(02) 9666 2555