Music teacher resume
This free sample resume for a music teacher has an accompanying sample music teacher cover letter to help you put together a winning job application.
12 Octave St
Arpeggio NSW 2345
T: (02) 9999 3333
M: 0410 666 888
I am a qualified and professional music teacher with a high level of experience and a zest for sharing my passion for all things musical. Well acquainted with the NSW syllabus, I hold a strong belief that music can change lives for the better. I seek to equip students with the performance, composition and theoretical skills that will see them excel no matter which path they take in music. An engaged and determined teacher, I thrive teaching both one-on-one and in group scenarios.
Casual Teacher, Melisma High School (Years 7-10)
Tonedeaf High School (Years 7-10)
Timbretown Performing Arts (Years 11-12)
- Teach prescribed music syllabus, including musical concepts and performance, composition and sight reading and listening skills, in context of style and genre.
- Conduct assessment in both written form and performance, including aural examination.
- Instruct in the use of a range of instruments, encompassing string, woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard and electronic instruments.
- Demonstrate commitment to the principles and practices of OHS and equal opportunity.
- Received Teacher of the Month in October 2010 at Timbretown.
- Taught the majority of Timbretown’s Band 6 HSC music students.
Private Music Tutor
- Provided one-on-one and group (up to 6 at a time) tuition.
- Delivered instrumental and aural analysis tuition.
- Taught students to read notation, tab and chord charts.
- Trained students in performance, improvisation and composition.
- Conducted classes on five afternoons per week, often with student load of 20 or more.
- Worked towards and oversaw student performances at numerous local events.
- Conducted ‘Music for the unmusical: finding music in unexpected places’ workshops at the Newcastle Musica! Festival. Based on the idea that you don’t need a formal instrument to make music, these workshops were very popular with children, as well as parents who wanted to connect musically with their kids.
- Received recognition from local council for commitment to community music development.
Music teacher’s accreditation, The Music Teacher’s Association of NSW
Basic First Aid Certificate, St Dons Ambulance, 2012
Driver’s licence class C
I play in two bands that perform regularly. The first, The Royal Tenor-bombs, is an East Coast style swing band. The second, Reggie Getdown and the Lovehandles, is a funk band reminiscent of Sly and the Family Stone.
|Harmony Lacken |
Music Department Head
Timbretown Performing Arts
M: 0422 333 444
|Waylon Riff |
Tonedeaf High School
T: (02) 9777 66333