Occupational therapist sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for an occupational therapist has an accompanying occupational therapist sample resume and occupational therapist sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Do you have a passion for assisting clients to return to work following physical injury? If you want to join one of the most respected injury management providers in the country then this is the opportunity for you.
Life Ready is comprised of a multidisciplinary team of doctors, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, rehabilitation counsellors and psychologists – all working together to achieve better health and workplace outcomes for injured workers.
- Provide comprehensive client therapy services to assist with injury management and rehabilitation
- Advise clients and employers on injury prevention
- Conduct Activities of Daily Living (ADL), workplace, ergonomic, risk and functional assessments
- Develop and undertake case management strategies
- Create and implement functional rehabilitation programs
- Liaise with a wide range of stakeholders such as insurers, employers, unions and health professionals
- Negotiate with a range of stakeholders including GPs, health specialists and injured workers to achieve return to work and ADL outcomes
- Record, analyse and report on the outcomes of intervention strategies to relevant parties
- Tertiary qualification as an occupational therapist
- Minimum 12 months’ workplace experience
- WorkCover approval to conduct workplace assessments
- Registration with Occupational Therapy Australia and the Australian Health
- Practitioner Regulation Agency
- A solid ability to strategically plan and deliver return to work and/or clinical outcomes
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Sound interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to motivate patients
- A passion for health and a desire to improve quality of life for injured patients
- Interest in and engagement with health industry developments
- Ability to work effectively one-on-one and within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to perform assessments and apply clinical reasoning
- Current driver’s licence
- National Police Clearance
Please send your resume and cover letter to Sue Cosamine, Manager, Life Ready: [email protected].