OH&S officer sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a OH&S officer has an accompanying OH&S officer sample resume and OH&S officer sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Trackit is based in Sydney’s South and is a thriving and expanding logistics company. We have multiple sites throughout Australia in the transport and distribution industry.
With an increase in workload due to our recent strong growth, we are committed to ensuring that all sites and personnel continue to have safety as their first priority. We are committed to best practice principles when it comes to safety.
We are currently looking for a passionate and motivated OH&S Officer to join our Safety team to ensure that our OH&S requirements and goals are met. Reporting to the OH&S Manager, this role will have you involved in the design and implementation of safety systems across NSW to promote workplace safety policies and procedures. Developing and delivering training programs will be an important part of this role as well as auditing, mentoring and influencing at all levels of the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement the directives of OH&S advisors
- Provide current, accurate and timely OH&S advice to operational management which is consistent with National and State OH&S
- Management strategies taking into account legal and industrial business concerns
- Enable the building of constructive working relationships between OHS advisors and operational line managers that will support safety culture change
- Coordinate the workplace assessment function within NSW to meet existing internal and external standards
- Develop effective implementation strategies to ensure ongoing compliance
- Analyse OH&S performance to identify and monitor accident trends, especially targeting high risk / high cost areas and recommend appropriate risk management strategies to senior and line management, providing them with assistance in their implementation
- Manage the provision of specific OH&S related training programs
You will need:
- Minimum OH&S Certificate III or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience implementing OH&S procedures and projects
- Experience within a warehouse, manufacturing or industrial environment
- An engaging personality and the ability to communicate with people on all levels
- Strong MS Office skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing workload and prioritising tasks
- Ability to think creatively to achieve outcomes
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Current Australian driver’s licence
In addition to the above, a RTW or injury management qualification and/or experience would be an advantage.
This role will be based in Sydney but may require occasional regional or interstate travel. Our fast-paced and supportive environment will offer you lots of benefits, a friendly team and flexible working arrangements. This is a challenging role that will deliver great rewards to the right applicant.
If you have a passion for safety, please send your resume to: Abbie Normal, HR Director, Trackit, [email protected] or phone on (02) 6200 0000.