Photography assistant sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a photography assistant has an accompanying photography assistant sample resume and photography assistant sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Different Side Photography is a professional photography business specialising in studio-based work. Our team styles, shoots and edits hundreds of fashion and accessory photos daily for dozens of established fashion brands and websites, ensuring each product looks its absolute best.
Different Side needs an enthusiastic and driven assistant to take photos and assist with preparation for photo shoots, including helping with lighting, sets, styling, talent management, photo editing and post-production.
You must have great technical skills, an eye for detail, and excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist with model and product shoots
- Take photos following specifications and briefs, to tight deadlines
- Set up props and sets
- Adjust lighting to achieve desired effects
- Help to style products and models
- Help to instruct and manage talent
- Produce digital images and sort, cull and archive photos in database
- Re-touch and edit photos using Photoshop and other photo editing programs
- Work with marketing, management and website teams to ensure smooth workflows and fulfilment of briefs
- Liaise with talent and clients
What you need:
- Familiarity with a wide range of photographic equipment, including digital and film cameras, lighting equipment, and film processing and developing equipment
- Technical photography skills, with knowledge of different photographic styles and fashion
- Strong attention to detail, composition and lighting
- A passion for the technical aspects of photography
- Excellent organisational, administrative and communication skills
- Solid computer (database, content management and Microsoft Office) and Photoshop/photo editing skills
- Readiness to work long hours and outdoors when necessary
- Initiative, adaptability and drive for excellence
If this sounds like the role for you, send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to Cameron Reddy, Managing Director, Different Side Photography, [email protected]om.