Senior software engineer sample resume
This free sample resume for a senior software engineer has an accompanying sample senior software engineer cover letter and sample senior software engineer job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
82 Ramjet St
Wilbert NSW 2800
T: (02) 9111 3333
M: 0400 333 888
Results-oriented, resourceful and problem-solving software engineer professional specialising in large scale software design and development for a wide variety of companies. High level of involvement in the advancement of the industry and adherence to best practice.
Core Skills and Abilities
Experience implementing and supporting large scale software programs
Ten years experience implementing and providing support for new software solutions, and development and assessment of existing infrastructure. Strong focus on design and user capabilities.
Demonstrated experience in project management in a software/IT environment
Extensive experience in project management in software and IT environments across varied clients in the last 10 years. Have managed client networks, government security systems, productivity software, and anti-virus solutions.
Excellent documentation and communication skills
Successfully documented processes, workflows, procedures and research to the finest detail. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Senior Software Engineer, NSW Department of Defence
- Plan, coordinate and conduct multiple complex software engineering activities
- Create and participate in software planning and estimating, status monitoring and reporting
- Devise new approaches, apply existing criteria in new ways and draw conclusions from comparative situations
- Software design, prototyping and investigating
- Software coding and unit testing
- Systems integration and testing
- Software documentation
- Troubleshoot for program errors in existing systems
- Make recommendations on the assessment of tools and software products
- Manage and support other software engineering staff
- Participate in mandated engineering reviews
- Participate in the pursuit of new business by identifying opportunities and contributing to tender preparation
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
Project Software Engineer, Tenwell Financial Services
- Supplied, configured and provided troubleshooting for new computer software, including the financial, accounting and HR systems
- Performed systems analysis and management, provided systems support
- Designed and improved workflow procedures
- Assisted clients with financial reporting, bookkeeping and regulatory compliance
- Conducted staff training and needs analysis
Assistant Software Engineer, Tenwell Financial Services
- Assisted in designing and installing the IT infrastructure
- Performed computer program upgrades as the technology became available
- Co-designed and implemented a high-volume transactional work log to enable cross-referencing with customer records and reconciliation of work performed
- Advised the Project Software Engineer on areas for improvement
Professional Development and Industry Participation
Ongoing professional development through participation in industry groups and training courses.
2012 – President of the Software Engineering Society of NSW (SESNSW)
2011 – Secretary of SESNSW
2011 – Conducted an audit of recommended best practice in conjunction with SESNSW
2009 – .NET course (Australian Institute of Technology, Sydney)
2004 – Database workshop (TAFE NSW, Sydney)
2003 – JAVA workshop (Australian Computer Society)
Available on request.