Software consultant resume
This free sample resume for a software consultant has an accompanying sample software consultant cover letter and sample software consultant job advertisement to help you put together a winning job application.
212 Azealia Rd
Dorne QLD 4321
M: 0499 111 111
E: [email protected]
Results-oriented, resourceful and problem-solving management professional specialising in implementation of a mid-tier ERP accounting/management software system to road transport businesses.
Core Skills and Abilities
Experience implementing and supporting a mid-tier ERP solution/system
Thirteen years experience implementing and providing support for an ERP system encompassing consignment, delivery and invoicing management, account management, fleet management, specialised payroll, and compliance management.
Demonstrated experience in project management in a software/IT environment
Extensive experience in project management in software and IT environments across varied clients in the last 14 years. Have managed client networks, server/client operating systems, productivity software, anti-virus solutions, and accounting/management software solutions.
Experience in a business consulting/professional services environment
Professional services have included finance/accounting assistance, workflow analysis/design and implementation, efficiency improvements in day-to-day administration and operations, industry related research and acquisition of information, and problem-solving.
Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and processes
Successfully created and maintained general ledger charts in various accounting software packages for clients as well as performed and assisted with end of weekly, monthly, quarterly and financial year to pre-tax stage for external accountants. This included checking and reconciling profit and loss and balance sheet accounts back to debtors, creditors and stock transactions, as well as BAS, IAS, PAYG and FBT returns.
Excellent documentation and communication skills
Successfully documented processes, workflows, procedures and research to the finest detail. Communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated through customer service/relationship management, including liaising with customers, management, staff, suppliers, regulatory and transport authorities and financial bodies, and ability to communicate with individuals at all levels.
Proprietor and Managing Director, InerTia Consultancy
InerTia provides business technology solutions, including software and hardware, to a range of clients.
- Supply, configure and troubleshoot computer software, including financial/accounting, management and industry-specific software
- Perform systems analysis and management, provide systems support
- Design and improve workflow procedures
- Assist clients with financial reporting, bookkeeping and regulatory compliance
- Conduct staff training and needs analysis
- Liaise with industry-specific and government bodies on behalf of clients
- Supply and configure computer hardware, including notebooks, workstations, servers and printers
- Designed and installed IT infrastructures to allow businesses in metropolitan, regional and remote areas to log into their own centrally operated servers, and upgraded technology as it became available
- Co-designed and implemented a high-volume transactional work log to enable cross-referencing with customer records and reconciliation of work performed, as well as identifying areas for improvement; this tool provided the basis for renegotiation of contracts with clients’ customers
- Performed various client audits with precision and rapidity, resulting in repeated commendations for record-keeping
General Manager, J&M Transport Services
- Oversaw day-to-day operation of the business
- Reconciled and presented financial accounts
- Managed payroll, debtors and creditors
- Implemented and maintained computer network and software (DOS and Windows)
- Liaised with customers and suppliers
- Oversaw fleet operation and maintenance scheduling
- Employed and managed drivers, supervisors and administrative staff
Socrates Information Technology
excITe Training Firm
- Accounting software – MYOB, Attaché, Quickbooks, Capital Office
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) – Advanced
Available upon request.