Technical writer sample job advertisement
This sample job advertisement for a technical writer has an accompanying technical writer sample resume and technical writer sample cover letter specifically written for the position to help you put together a winning job application.
Onetouch is an internationally recognised kitchen appliance brand based in Sydney, Australia. We are experiencing rapid expansion both domestically and globally, and we are seeking a Technical Writer to write and coordinate product literature for Onetouch’s products and accessories.
This includes user guides, maintenance manuals and product catalogues. You will need to have an uncanny knack for delivering technical information into clear, plain English and be able to write easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions. You also need to be able to maintain the highest quality of work while meeting tight deadlines.
- Create customer-facing product literature for a diverse range of products and accessories, both for hard copy and the web
- Liaise with designers, marketing and technical staff to update design and content of literature including manuals, instructions, labels, guides and packaging
- Identify areas for improvement in existing documentation
- Provide proofreading/editing services for other forms of written material
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
You will need:
- Experience in the development of user guide material and/or training manuals
- Tertiary qualifications in technical writing, or significant relevant experience
- Strong understanding of technical material and attention to detail
- Capacity to adhere to house style and use style guides and templates
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and ability to work as part of a team
- High-level organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently on projects to meet strict deadlines
- Expertise in using MS Office
- Ability to create diagrams in MS Visio and CAD
If you fit the bill, send your resume and cover letter to Steve Sherwood, Publishing Manager, Onetouch Australia, email@example.com.