University student resume
This free sample resume for a university student has an accompanying sample university student cover letter to help you put together a winning job application.
Laura Del Ray
64 Smithson Road
Spring Hill QLD 4000
M: 0499 888 777
H: (07) 9000 0000
Highly motivated, energetic and adaptable individual with experience working in managerial positions. Having undertaken studies and volunteer work in the mental health sector, I am keen to gain full-time employment in the industry, where I can apply my excellent organisational and communication skills, professionalism and enthusiasm.
To be completed: November 2014
Ability to manage workload autonomously as well as demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member. I treat colleagues and clients with respect and am always approachable when dealing with client complaints and queries.
Ability to listen patiently and understand others. I possess a highly tuned ability to interpret messages that are communicated in a subtle manner. I speak in a clear, empathetic way and am practised in effectively resolving complex issues in an honest and diplomatic manner.
Ability to multi-task and prioritise
Proven ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities in a busy environment. Ability to identify issues that are most important and work towards a thorough, timely resolution.
Supervisor & Service Cashier, Green’s Grocers
- Ensure the highest level of customer service by delegating tasks to, and supervising, staff. The role includes serving customers over the counter and over the telephone by providing information and dealing with disputes in a timely, polite and effective manner.
- Train new employees and provide long-term mentorship to all staff on my team.
- Achieved 100 per cent customer satisfaction in the Mystery Shopper challenge in 2010/2011.
- Successfully managed a team of 15 staff through high-traffic seasons like Christmas, Easter and the lead-up to public holidays.
Volunteer, ReachOut Centre
- Answered calls in a professional and empathetic manner and attempted to calm callers who were emotional or distressed. I listened carefully to their needs and provided them with referrals and information on support groups that specialised in their area of difficulty.
- Provided each caller with a range of referral options to broaden their support network and increase their chances of finding a suitable solution for their needs.
Volunteer Support Teacher, Newton’s School
- Assisted special needs students with literacy and numeracy, as directed by the classroom teacher. Provided one-on-one reading workshops and coordinated and supervised sporting activities.
- Over time, many students demonstrated heightened confidence in carrying out the activities they participated in with my assistance.
Crew Trainer, BurgerBreak Restaurant
- Provided training for new employees, covering BurgerBreak’s standard procedures, occupational health and safety issues and the importance of providing excellent customer service.
- Selected for Crew Trainer of the Month award on two occasions.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure. The team I led consistently met BurgerBreak’s time and quality standards in the service of food.
First Aid Certificate
St John’s Ambulance, 2011
Working With Children Check
Department of Justice, Queensland, 2011
Available upon request.