This Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) (CHC33015) reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centered support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
Practical placement of 120 hours is required which All Health Training will organise on our students behalf.
The hours of work required within Aged Care facilities is usually in two shifts, the morning shift is from 7:00am – 3:00pm which is the preferred shift for our students to attend; the afternoon shift being 3:00pm – 9:30-10pm. Weekend work is not available. Facilities have advised that they prefer students to be available for at least a 3 – 5 day block initially and as such, All Health Training suggests if you are already working you consider discussing and organising work and/or family care arrangements prior to undertaking practical placement to enable you to undertake these duties during the week.
Practical placement may be commenced during the course and must be completed within 1 month after the course conclusion.
Students must meet the following entry requirements:
- This is an open entry program of study with participants needing to read, write and communicate in English to a level to perform the job. Students will be required to complete a LLN evaluation to determine suitability.
- Students must be over 18 years of age.
- Police checks are required prior to commencing practical placement which we will organise on our students’ behalf. If a student has a Disclosable Court Outcome registered against their name, we are unable to assist with placement as industry will not accept students without a clear record. This requirement is not negotiable.
- Students are required to obtain a volunteer Working with Children’s check (WWC) to commence placement.
- Students are required to be able to access a computer which will allow use of a USB.
- Students are strongly encouraged to obtain the flu vaccine for aged care workers. In the event that you are placed with an employer that experiences an influenza outbreak whilst you are on placement, if you are not immunised you may be unable to continue placement at that time.
What You’ll Learn
In this individual support course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS025 - Support relationships with carers and families
- BSBLED101 - Plan skills development
- CHCPAL001 - Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
Why study with All Health Training?
Start on your path to a rewarding new career when you study with All Health Training! Their simulated learning environment will give you the hands-on training you need to build your skills and confidence in aged care, allied health services, disability care and more.
Graduate with a nationally recognised, industry relevant qualification and get closer to pursuing a career that makes a real difference to you and your community.
Get the hands-on training you need to succeed when you study with All Health Training! See their range of courses
All Health Training is equipped with an experienced team of assessors and trainers who are available to guide and support you throughout your studies. They’ll also provide students with a dedicated Student Support Officer at no additional fee to help ensure you get any care you need.