The Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (HLT33115) reflects the role of a variety of workers who use a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge to provide assistance to health professional staff for the care of clients. Health services assistance involves the worker in direct client contact under supervision.
The course includes 120 hours of mandatory practical placement in Industry, which All Health Training organise on our students’ behalf. The hours of work required within hospitals is usually in two shifts, the morning shift is from 7:00am – 3:00pm which is the preferred shift for our students to attend. Placement is preferred to be completed in a block, which means you have to attend continuously during weekdays. Where your class is on a weekday, you will attend 4 days of placement and attend your regular class which means you will complete placement in 4 weeks. If your class is a Saturday or night class, you must attend 5 weekdays which means you will complete placement in 3 weeks. If there is a public holiday during your placement you must make those hours up at the end. When considering your placement dates please ensure that you have accommodated public holidays, potential absences due to illness and your class schedule.
Practical placement may be commenced after week 6 of the course and must be completed within 1 month after the course conclusion.
Students must meet the following entry requirements:
- This is an open entry program of study with participants needing to read, write and communicate in English to a level to perform the job. Students will be required to complete a LLN evaluation to determine suitability.
- Students must be over 18 years of age.
- Police checks are required prior to commencing practical placement which we will organise on our students’ behalf. If a student has a Disclosable Court Outcome registered against their name, we are unable to assist with placement as industry will not accept students without a clear record. This requirement is not negotiable.
- Students are required to obtain an employee Working with Children’s check (WWC) to commence placement. This is at the students own cost.
- Students are required to be able to access a computer which will allow use of a USB.
- Students must be able to provide evidence of immunisation protection against the following: Hepatitis B, Tuberculosis, Pertussis, Varicella, Diphtheria, Measles, Tetanus, Mumps and Rubella, in order to undertake practical work placement.
What You’ll Learn
n this health services course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work effectively in health or community services
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in work health and safety
- BSBWOR301 - Organise personal work priorities and development
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCCCS012 - Prepare and maintain beds
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- HLTFSE001 - Follow basic food safety practices
- HLTHSS007 - Handle medical gases safely
- HLTHSS003 - Perform general cleaning tasks in a clinical setting
- BSBFLM312 - Contribute to team effectiveness
- CHCCCS026 - Transport individuals
- CHCCCS010 - Maintain high standard of service
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support for people living with dementia
- CHCCCS020 - Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- BSBLED101 - Plan skills development
- CHCCCS002 - Assist with movement
Why study with All Health Training?
Start on your path to a rewarding new career when you study with All Health Training! Their simulated learning environment will give you the hands-on training you need to build your skills and confidence in aged care, allied health services, disability care and more.
Graduate with a nationally recognised, industry relevant qualification and get closer to pursuing a career that makes a real difference to you and your community.
Get the hands-on training you need to succeed when you study with All Health Training! See their range of courses
All Health Training is equipped with an experienced team of assessors and trainers who are available to guide and support you throughout your studies. They’ll also provide students with a dedicated Student Support Officer at no additional fee to help ensure you get any care you need.