Start an exciting new career helping people look and feel their best by studying this Diploma of Beauty Therapy course from Ella Bache College.
Working closely with clients in a range of beauty and health settings, beauty therapists can enjoy fast-paced and people-focused careers, and can expect a dynamic day-to-day routine. In this beauty therapy course, you’ll build the practical skills and sound knowledge required to provide a diverse range of high-quality and safety-compliant beauty services to clients, and develop the personal insights required to manage scheduling, customer service and client relationships with ease.
In this course, you’ll learn how to apply facial and body treatments, perform waxing and lash treatments, provide nail and make-up services, and how to administer alternative health therapies, including aromatherapy and diathermy services. After completing this course, you’ll be equipped with both the practical skills and the interpersonal abilities to work confidently and safely in a salon or spa environment, helping your clients to achieve their goals and feel their best.
If you enjoy practical work and have an interest in health, beauty and wellbeing, this course will help you start an exciting new career doing what you love.
There are no educational or qualification prerequisites for this course.
What You’ll Learn
In this beauty therapy course, the subjects you will study may include:
- SHBXWHS001 – Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBBFAS001 – Provide lash and brow services
- SHBBNLS001 – Provide manicure and pedicure services
- SHBBHRS001 – Provide waxing services
- SHBXCCS001 – Conduct salon financial transactions
- BSBSUS201 – Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- SHBCCCS002 – Provide salon services to clients
- SHBBMUP002 – Design and apply make-up
- SHBXIND001 – Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBBRES001 – Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBBFAS002 – Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations 1
- SHBBFAS002 – Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations 2
- SHBBBOS002 – Provide body massages
- SHBBBOS006 – Provide superficial lymph massage treatments
- SIRXSLS303 – Build relationships with customers
- SHBBFAS003 – Provide specialised facial treatments
- SHBBBOS003 – Provide body treatments
- BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB406 – Manage small business finances
- BSBSMB405 – Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
- SHBBHRS004 – Provide hair reduction treatments using electrical currents
- SHBBSKS002 – Provide diathermy treatments
- SHBBINF001 – Maintain infection control standards
- SHBBSKS005 – Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments
- SHBBBOS004 – Provide aromatherapy massages
- SHBBCCS002 – Prepare personalised aromatic plant oil blends for beauty treatments
- SHBBSPA003 – Provide stone therapy massage
- SHBBSPA004 – Provide Indian head massage for relaxation
- SHBBBOS005 – Use reflexology relaxation techniques in beauty treatments
Why study with Ella Bache College?
Ella Baché College is Australia’s only beauty therapy college run by a renowned skincare brand; discover the benefits studying with Ella Baché College can have on your career in beauty!
They’re not only a premium and iconic cosmetics brand with over 150 salons around the country; they’ve been successfully educating and training beauty therapists for the last 60 years. Enjoy a unique learning experience led by trainers with years of industry practice and gain access to their custom built, state-of-the-art online learning system.
Upon getting qualified in Beauty Therapy or IPL and Laser Reduction, you’ll be sought after by beauty salons, medi-spas, cosmetic clinics and day spas. Your future in beauty has never looked so good!
Studying with the team at Ella Baché College will not only kick-off your career in beauty, but will mean you gain on-going support throughout your time in the industry.
Work with a dedicated career coach who will connect you with over 150 Ella Baché salons around Australia to gain work experience, structured workplace learning and employment opportunities.
You’ll have access to the Ella Baché’s network and salons for valuable on-the-job training and client exposure. From taking bookings, selling products, and diagnosing skin conditions – they’ll guide you through it all!
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: