Studying this online Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113) course from Open Colleges will equip you with the skills necessary to excel in the childcare industry. Upon completion of this online course you will learn the required knowledge to interact appropriately with children while fulfilling their emotional, physical and self-care needs.
This program will give you a foundation of education and skills for working with children, including early childhood care. You will also be taught the legal and ethical framework for working in children’s services to aid you in identifying and responding to risk factors.
Gain practical skills
This online course includes a mandatory 120 hours of work placement. Workplace assessments and training must be undertaken in workplace organisations that are suitable for the course. There may be instances where you need to undergo a criminal records check or a Working with Children check. You will also need to have completed and hold a current Basic First Aid certificate, issued by an accredited provider.
To be eligible for this course applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Understanding of English to atleast a Year 10 level; AND
- Be atleast 18years old; AND
- Basic computing skills; AND
- Have access to digital equipment; AND
- Basic Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course.
What You’ll Learn
In this early childhood education course, the subject you may study include:
- CHCLEG001 - Work ethically and legally
- CHCECE009 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE001 - Develop cultural competence
- CHCDIC002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander safety
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCECE002 - Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE005 - Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE003 - Provide care for children
- CHCECE007 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE004 - Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE010 - Support holistic development of children in early childhood
- CHCECE013 - Use information about children to inform practice
- CHCECE011 - Provide experiences to support children's play and learning
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in work health and safety
Why study with Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. Most courses are delivered online or via blended learning, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.