This Certificate IV in Information Technology (Networking) (ICT40415) course, offered by Upskilled, will give you the skills and training to be able to install and manage small-scale networks.
Studying this IT course, you will learn how to install and manage servers, manage network and data integrity, and implement Internet protocol networks.
Anyone can apply, however, it is recommended that you use the following pathways:
- After achieving Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent; OR
- Demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments using a range of information technologies
What You’ll Learn
In this networking course, the units of competency you may study include:
- ICTTEN416 – Install, configure and test an internet protocol network
- ICTICT418 – Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTNWK403 – Manage network and data integrity
- ICTICT401 – Determine and confirm client business requirements
- ICTNWK401 – Install and manage a server
- ICTNWK404 – Install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network
- ICTNWK402 – Install and configure virtual machines for sustainable ICT
- BSBWHS304 – Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes
- ICTTEN417 – Install, configure and test a router
- ICTNWK411 – Deploy software to networked computers
- ICTICT408 – Create technical documentation
- ICTPMG401 – Support small scale ICT projects
- ICTSAS505 – Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans
- ICTNWK405 – Build a small wireless local area network
- ICTNWK406 – Install, configure and test network security
- ICTNWK412 – Create network documentation
- ICTNWK407 – Install and configure client-server applications and services
Upskilled may make changes to this course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or meet other regulatory requirements.
Why study with Upskilled?
Upskilled is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers innovative, effective and accredited courses at a certificate and diploma level. As one of the largest RTOs in Australia, Upskilled partners with businesses and career-minded individuals to achieve amazing outcomes.
Upskilled understand the impacts of the digital age and are committed to delivering a premier online training experience that will revolutionise the way you learn. Choose from over 100 qualifications across more than 20 disciplines and start chasing your dream career today. With Upskilled, you're qualifying for tomorrow!
As a student of Upskilled, you will have access to continued support, advice and guidance from your online trainer via phone or email. Your trainer will give you valuable feedback on your assessments and help you with your course material. Additional support with your study is also available during out-of-work hours via phone or Skype.
Upskilled recognise that learning is an interaction. For that reason, they've put in place the right tools that deliver effective skills learning and are interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.