You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. This can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
For the online part of the course, you may need regular access to:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points.
Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic (Dial-up access is not recommended).
Windows: Operating system – Windows 8 or above.
Mobile Phone with video capability or Video Camera: Some assessments in your course will require you to take and submit videos of you undertaking tasks for assessment.
Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.
MAC: Operating system – OS X 10.14 Mojave or later.
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download).
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
Practical Assessment: Please be aware some of your assessments require you to source participants to role-play clients, please work with your mentor to secure the required number.
Working with Children Check
For the work placement, you may need a 'Working with Children Check Clearance' issue by the relevant authority in your state or territory.
Before starting the SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness, you need to have completed these units which are part of the SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness:
- HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid* (or a unit that supersedes this unit)
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT032 - Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation
- SISFFIT033 - Complete client fitness assessments
- SISFFIT035 - Plan group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT036 - Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT040 - Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients
- SISFFIT047 - Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise
- SISFFIT052 - Provide healthy eating information
* This course contains the unit HLTAID011 Provide First Aid which must be completed through an external RTO. AIPT has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price or you may source your own training provider. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in your course fee. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your First Aid certificate for AIPT to process a Credit Transfer against this unit of competency on your student record.