The Diploma of Practice Management (HLT57715) from Foundation Education, will equip you with the leadership and management skills you need to advance your career or change career within the medical sector. You will learn how to guide staff and achieve business goals, manage risk, implement infection control policies and most importantly, deliver a high level of service to patients.
Once attained, the Diploma of Practice Management will equip you with the skills and knowledge you require to contribute to a business’s strategic direction and ensure daily operations run smoothly. This health qualification will enable you to work as a Practice Manager or Health Administration Manager, in which you ensure quality patient care by managing all administrative processes in different healthcare facilities.
As a Practice Manager, you will be responsible for organising and controlling the functions and resources of professional practices, such as administrative systems and practice personnel, as well as managing the promotion and operations of small to medium-sized health practices. This includes managing patient records and accounts, ensuring work health and safety compliance and coordinating personal activities such as hiring, performance management and job training.
You will need to have completed year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points.
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable. (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome.
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
What You’ll Learn
In this practice management course, the subjects you will study include:
- BSBWOR501 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBCUS501 – Manage quality customer service
- BSBRSK501 – Manage risk
- BSBADM502 – Manage meetings
- BSBWOR502 – Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBHRM506 – Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- BSBHRM501 – Manage human resource services
- BSBMGT502 – Manage people performance
- BSBFIM501 – Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBMED301 – Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTINF003 – Implement and monitor infection prevention control policies and procedures
- HLTADM004 – Manage health billing and accounting system
- HLTWHS004 – Manage work health and safety
Why study with Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.